food interaction for CUBICIN
alcohol interaction for CUBICIN
pregnancy interaction for CUBICIN
lactation interaction for CUBICIN
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for CUBICIN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for CUBICIN
- DAPMICIN 350MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Glenmark Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 4100/injectionRs. 4100save 18% more per injection
- DAPTOCURE 350MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 4577.13/injectionRs. 4577.13save 9% more per injection
- DAPTOMA 350 MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Gland Pharma LimitedRs. 4650/injectionRs. 4650save 7% more per injection
- DAPTOBIO 350MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)BioconRs. 4228/injectionRs. 4228save 16% more per injection
- DAPNAT 350MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Natco Pharma LtdRs. 4190.47/injectionRs. 4190.47save 17% more per injection
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
Expert advice for CUBICIN
- Do not skip any dose or discontinue this medicine, as it may increase your chances of developing drug resistance.
- Tell your doctor if you experience symptoms of serious allergic reaction, such as wheezing, difficulty breathing, swelling of the face, neck and throat, rashes and hives, fever; any unusual tingling or numbness of the hands or feet, loss of feeling or difficulties with movements; bloody or watery diarrhea; signs of eosinophilic pneumonia such as new or worsening fever, cough or difficulty breathing.
- This medicine can cause unusual results with certain medical tests (especially blood clotting test).
- Your doctor will perform blood tests to monitor the health of your muscles both before you start treatment and frequently during treatment with daptomycin.
Frequently asked questions for CUBICIN
Q.Is daptomycin a penicillin/ nephrotoxic/ bactericidal/ a vesicant/an aminoglycoside/ vancomycin/ dialyzable/ bacteriostatic/ a macrolide/ latex free?
Daptomycin is not a penicillin, vancomycin, aminoglycoside, macrolide. It is a bactericidal not bacteriostatic agent. It shows slight nephrotoxicity. It is a vesicant and is latex free
Q.Does daptomycin cover methicillin- resistant staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)/ pseudomonas/ streptococcus/anaerobes/ klebsiella?
Daptomycin exhibits rapid, bactericidal activity against Gram-positive organisms including Staphylococcus, Streptococcus, Enterococcus and isolates resistant to methicillin (MRSA), vancomycin, and linezolid
Q.Does daptomycin cross the blood-brain barrier/penetrate cerebrospinal fluid (CSF)?
Daptomycin does not cross the blood-brain barrier or penetrate CSF
Q.Does daptomycin cause renal failure?
Daptomycin may result in renal toxicity in some cases
Q.Does daptomycin dialyzed out?
Yes. Daptomycin can be dialyzed out.