Information about Daptomycin
Daptomycin is used in the treatment of serious bacterial infections.
How daptomycin works
Daptomycin stops the growth of bacteria that cause infections.
Common side effects of daptomycin
Nausea, Increased liver enzymes, Increased creatine phosphokinase level in blood, Abdominal pain, Altered sleep, Anemia, Anxiety, Fungal infection, Constipation, Increased blood pressure, Decreased blood pressure, Diarrhoea, Dizziness, Fever, Flatulence, Headache, Rash, Itching, Skin redness, Abdominal bloating, Swelling of abdomen, Urinary tract infection, Vomiting, Weakness
Available Medicine for Daptomycin
- ₹5019Novartis India Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹4100Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹4228Biocon1 variant(s)
- ₹4190Natco Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹4650Gland Pharma Limited1 variant(s)
- ₹4577Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹4545Fusion Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Daptomycin
- Do not skip any dose or discontinue this medicine, as it may increase your chances of developing drug resistance.
- Tell your doctor if you experience symptoms of serious allergic reaction, such as wheezing, difficulty breathing, swelling of the face, neck and throat, rashes and hives, fever; any unusual tingling or numbness of the hands or feet, loss of feeling or difficulties with movements; bloody or watery diarrhea; signs of eosinophilic pneumonia such as new or worsening fever, cough or difficulty breathing.
- This medicine can cause unusual results with certain medical tests (especially blood clotting test).
- Your doctor will perform blood tests to monitor the health of your muscles both before you start treatment and frequently during treatment with daptomycin.
Frequently asked questions for Daptomycin
Q. Is daptomycin a penicillin/ nephrotoxic/ bactericidal/ a vesicant/an aminoglycoside/ vancomycin/ dialyzable/ bacteriostatic/ a macrolide/ latex free?
Daptomycin is not a penicillin, vancomycin, aminoglycoside, macrolide. It is a bactericidal not bacteriostatic agent. It shows slight nephrotoxicity. It is a vesicant and is latex free
Q. Does Daptomycin cover methicillin- resistant staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)/ pseudomonas/ streptococcus/anaerobes/ klebsiella?
Daptomycin exhibits rapid, bactericidal activity against Gram-positive organisms including Staphylococcus, Streptococcus, Enterococcus and isolates resistant to methicillin (MRSA), vancomycin, and linezolid
Q. Does Daptomycin cross the blood-brain barrier/penetrate cerebrospinal fluid (CSF)?
Daptomycin does not cross the blood-brain barrier or penetrate CSF
Q. Does Daptomycin cause renal failure?
Daptomycin may result in renal toxicity in some cases
Q. Does Daptomycin dialyzed out?
Yes. Daptomycin can be dialyzed out.