Medicine Overview of Crotorax Cream
Uses of Crotorax Cream
Crotorax 10% w/w Cream is used in the treatment of scabies.
Side effects of Crotorax Cream
Erythematous rash, Itching, Dry skin, Paresthesia (tingling or pricking sensation).
How to use Crotorax Cream
This medicine is for external use only. Use it in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Clean and dry the affected area and apply the cream. Wash your hands after applying, unless hands are the affected area.
How Crotorax Cream works
Crotamiton belongs to the class of medications called as scabicidal drugs. It works by killing the mite that causes scabies. It is also anti-pruritic in action. It acts as a counter-irritant, producing a cooling effect as it evaporates from the skin, thereby providing relief from itching.
In Depth Information on Crotorax Cream
Expert advice for Crotorax Cream
- Exercise caution if your child is less than 3 years of age, apply the cream or lotion under doctor’s supervision.
- Do not apply crotamiton topical in or around the mouth or eyes. If applied accidently, rinse thoroughly with water.
- After each application, change the clothing, towels and bed sheets to facilitate killing of all the mites.
- Take a cleansing bath after 48 hours of the last application to remove the traces of the medication from the skin.
- Stop applying crotamiton if you develop any allergic reaction.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or are breastfeeding and or having genital itching.
- It should not take if patient is allergic to crotamiton or any of its ingredients.
- It sholud not given to patients with acute exudative dermatoses (red and itchy skin with pus).
- It sholud not given to patients with damaged or excoriated skin.
Special precautions for Crotorax 10% w/w Cream
No interaction found
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Crotorax 10% w/w Cream may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Crotorax 10% w/w Cream is probably safe to use during lactation. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby.+more
The baby's skin should not come into direct contact with the treated area of skin. Water-miscible cream/gel is preferred as ointments may expose the baby to harmful effects of Crotorax 10% w/w Cream via licking....
The baby's skin should not come into direct contact with the treated area of skin. Water-miscible cream/gel is preferred as ointments may expose the baby to harmful effects of Crotorax 10% w/w Cream via licking.
Crotorax 10% w/w Cream does not usually affect your ability to drive.
There is limited information available on the use of Crotora+more
x 10% w/w Cream in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
If you miss a dose of Crotamiton Topical, please consult your doctor.
Frequently asked questions for Crotorax 10% w/w Cream
Frequently asked questions for Crotamiton Topical
Q. Is crotamiton over the counter?
No. Crotamiton is available with prescription of registered medical practitioner only
Q. Is crotamiton a steroid/an antihistamine?
Crotamiton is neither a steroid nor an antihistamine
Q. Is crotamiton topical safe?
Crotamiton topical is safe if used at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor.
User Submitted Feedback For Crotorax 10% w/w Cream
Patients taking Crotorax 10% w/w Cream
Once A Day
Twice A Day
Substitutes for Crotorax
No substitutes found for this medicine