Medicine Overview of Cosmegen Injection
Side effects of Cosmegen Injection
Nausea, Vomiting, Mouth ulcer, Loss of appetite, Glossitis, Lip inflammation, Diarrhoea, Inflammation of the rectum.
How to use Cosmegen Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Cosmegen Injection works
Cosmegen 500mcg injection is an anti-cancer medication. It works by damaging the genetic material (DNA) of the cancer cells and stops their growth and multiplication.
In Depth Information on Cosmegen Injection
Expert advice for Cosmegen Injection
- Use appropriate contraception during treatment with dactinomycin, if you are women of childbearing potential.
- During administration, avoid inhalation of dust or vapors and contact with eyes or mucous membranes as it is highly toxic and extremely corrosive to soft tissues.
- Take precautions while taking dactinomycin as you may develop life threatening allergic reactions.
- You may be monitored daily for any side effects during treatment as it may cause toxic reactions such as stomatitis, diarrhea, severe hematopoietic depression.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Cosmegen 500mcg Injection
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Cosmegen 500mcg Injection is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Cosmegen 500mcg Injection is probably usafe to use during la+more
ctation. Limited human data suggests that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
It is not known whether Cosmegen 500mcg Injection alters the+more
ability to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react....
Cosmegen 500mcg Injection is probably safe to use in patient+more
s with kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Cosmegen 500mcg Injection may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
There is limited information available on the use of Cosmege+more
n 500mcg Injection in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor....
Frequently asked questions for Cosmegen 500mcg Injection
Frequently asked questions for Dactinomycin
Yes, Cosmegen is an anthracycline
Yes, Cosmegen is a vesicant; it may cause tissue blistering if it leaks out of the vein.
Substitutes for Cosmegen
No substitutes found for this medicine