Information about Dactinomycin
How Dactinomycin works
Dactinomycin is an anti-cancer medication. It works by damaging the genetic material (DNA) of the cancer cells and stops their growth and multiplication.
Common side effects of Dactinomycin
Nausea, Vomiting, Mouth ulcer, Loss of appetite, Glossitis (tongue inflammation), Lip inflammation, Diarrhea, Inflammation of the rectum, Low blood platelets
Available Medicine for Dactinomycin
DacilonCelon Laboratories Ltd
ActinocinNeon Laboratories Ltd
DactinogetGLS Pharma Ltd.
DacmozenVhb Life Sciences Inc
DactinoChandra Bhagat Pharma Pvt Ltd
TinowelGetwell Oncology Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Dactinomycin
- Dactinomycin is given as an injection into vein under the supervision of a doctor only.
- Do not skip any dose and complete the course as suggested by your doctor.
- Use an effective method of birth control to avoid pregnancy while taking this medication.
- You may need to have blood tests to monitor your blood cells, platelets count, liver function and kidney function during treatment.
- Inform your doctor immediately if you notice unusual bruising or bleeding or if you have dark, tarry, or bloody stools and dark urine.