How it works
Common side effects
- Use appropriate contraception during treatment with dactinomycin, if you are women of childbearing potential.
- During administration, avoid inhalation of dust or vapors and contact with eyes or mucous membranes as it is highly toxic and extremely corrosive to soft tissues.
- Take precautions while taking dactinomycin as you may develop life threatening allergic reactions.
- You may be monitored daily for any side effects during treatment as it may cause toxic reactions such as stomatitis, diarrhea, severe hematopoietic depression.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is dactinomycin an anthracycline?
Yes, dactinomycin is an anthracycline
Q. Is dactinomycin a vesicant (agent that causes tissue blistering and damage)?
Yes, dactinomycin is a vesicant; it may cause tissue blistering if it leaks out of the vein.