Medicine Overview of Cisteen Injection
Side effects of Cisteen Injection
Nausea, Vomiting, Fatigue, Anemia, Reduced blood platelets, Diarrhoea, Increased liver enzymes, Peripheral sensory neuropathy, Decreased white blood cell count (neutrophils), Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth).
How to use Cisteen Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Cisteen Injection works
Cisteen 10mg injection is an anti-cancer medication. It works by damaging the genetic material (DNA) of the cancer cells and stops their growth and multiplication.
In Depth Information on Cisteen Injection
Expert advice for Cisteen Injection
- You must undergo hearing test prior to each treatment with cisplatin.
- Inform your doctor if you suffer from any infection, nervous disorder or if you have received radiation therapy to your head.
- Special care should be taken while taking cisplatin as spillage of cisplatin in skin can cause tissue damage.
- Avoid simultaneous use of medicines (or radiation) that obstructs the bone marrow function as it can enhance the side effects of cisplatin on the bone marrow.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines especially for cancer, infection, recurrent fits, gout, as these medicines and cisplatin may not be safe when taken together.
- Avoid receiving any vaccine when on treatment with cisplatin.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as cisplatin may cause side effects such as feeling sleepy and/or vomiting.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Cisteen 10mg Injection
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Cisteen 10mg Injection is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Cisteen 10mg Injection is usafe to use during lactation. Da+more
ta suggests that the drug may cause toxicity to the baby, or the mother is suffering from a condition in which breast feeding is not advisable....
Do not drive unless you are feeling well.+more
Cisteen 10mg Injection may cause side effects such as feeling sleepy and/or vomiting which could affect your ability to drive....
Cisteen 10mg Injection may cause side effects such as feeling sleepy and/or vomiting which could affect your ability to drive.
Cisteen 10mg Injection should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Cisteen 10mg Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Use of Cisteen 10mg Injection is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease....
Use of Cisteen 10mg Injection is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease.
Cisteen 10mg Injection is probably safe to use in patients w+more
ith liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Cisteen 10mg Injection may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
If you miss a dose of Cisplatin, please consult your doctor.
Frequently asked questions for Cisteen 10mg Injection
Frequently asked questions for Cisplatin
Cisteen is a polar molecule
Yes, Cisteen is light sensitive and must be stored properly.
Cisteen is platinum based inorganic compound used to destroy cancer cells and also acts as radiosensitizer i.e. it increases the response to radiotherapy. It is not a vesicant, but can cause irritation and damage to the vein in which it is injected, and damage to skin and surrounding tissues if leaks during injection
Cisteen can cause hair loss, infertility, hearing loss, neuropathy, hair loss and hiccups. However it is not reported to cause weight gain
Substitutes for Cisteen Injection
Cytoplatin 10mg Injection
₹4.9/ml of Injection
Platikem 10mg Injection
Alkem Laboratories Ltd
₹9.39/ml of Injection
Celplat 10mg Injection
Celon Laboratories Ltd
Platikem Novo 10mg Injection
Alkem Laboratories Ltd
Platin 10mg Injection
Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹3.91/ml of Injection