SALT INFORMATIONCiprofloxacin(500 mg)
Ciprofloxacin is used to treat wide range of bacterial infections including lung or respiratory tract infections, eye infection, bladder and kidney infections, reproductive tract infections, skin and soft tissue infections and bone and joint infections.
How it works
Ciprofloxacin belongs to the group of medicines called fluoroquinolone antibiotics. Ciprofloxacin inhibits bacterial reproduction by inhibiting DNA formation, thereby killing the bacteria.
Common side effects
Nervousness, Nightmare, Vaginal itching, Diarrhoea, Nausea, Headache, Insomnia, Confusion, Restlessness, Abnormal dreams, Anxiety, Stomach pain, Dizziness, Vomiting, Vaginal discharge, Heartburn
- CIFRAN 500 MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Ranbaxy Laboratories LtdRs. 4.09/tabletRs. 40.89save 3% more per tablet
- CIPLOX 500 MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 4.09/tabletRs. 40.89save 3% more per tablet
- CIPROBID 500 MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 4.21/tabletRs. 42.05same price
- ALCIPRO 500 MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 4.05/tabletRs. 40.53save 4% more per tablet
- CIPROBIOTIC FORTE 500MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 6.18/tabletRs. 61.80pay 47% more per tablet
- Do not eat or drink any dairy products (such as milk or yogurt) or drinks with added calcium (e.g. calcium-fortified orange juice) when you take the tablets. You should take your tablets 1-2 hours before or at least 4 hours after such products.
- Do not drive because you may feel less alert while being treated with ciprofloxacin.
- Avoid exposure to strong sunlight, or artificial UV light such as sunbeds when taking ciprofloxacin.
- Stop taking this medicine and call your doctor at once if you have sudden pain, swelling, bruising, tenderness, stiffness, or movement problems in any of your joints.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Can I take ciprofloxacin for strep or sore throat; flu, cold, tooth infection, or yeast infection?
Ciprofloxacin is generally not a best option for strep or sore throat, flu and cold; and it is not used for tooth infection, or yeast infection. Always consult your doctor before taking the drug.
Q. Can I take ciprofloxacin with pantoprazole, metronidazole, or amoxicillin?
Yes, you can take ciprofloxacin with metronidazole, and pantoprazole. Generally ciprofloxacin is not given along with amoxicillin as both are different drugs with similar action. Please consult your doctor before changing the medication.
Q. Can I take ciprofloxacin with Tylenol (paracetamol), or Nyquil (acetaminophen, dextromethorphan, doxylamine, and pseudoephedrine)?
Yes, you can take ciprofloxacin with Tylenol (paracetamol), or Nyquil (acetaminophen, dextromethorphan, doxylamine, and pseudoephedrine).
Q. Can I take ciprofloxacin with birth control pills or does it affect birth control?
Yes, you can take ciprofloxacin with birth control pills. It does not affect birth control.
Q. Can I take ciprofloxacin with milk or coffee?
No, you cannot take ciprofloxacin with milk or coffee.
Q. Is Ciprofloxacin/ Ciprobid/ Cifran/ Ciplox safe during pregnancy?
No, patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.
Q. Can I take ciprofloxacin with alcohol?
There is no evidence of any interaction between ciprofloxacin and alcohol.
Q. Is ciprofloxacin safe/ banned?
Ciprofloxacin is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.
Q. Is ciprofloxacin sulfa based/ a penicillin?
No. Ciprofloxacin belong to a different group of antibiotics called fluoroquinolones. It does not contain penicillin or sulpha.