food interaction for CARBOKEM NOVO
alcohol interaction for CARBOKEM NOVO
pregnancy interaction for CARBOKEM NOVO
lactation interaction for CARBOKEM NOVO
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for CARBOKEM NOVO
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for CARBOKEM NOVO
- BIOCARB 150MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Biochem Pharmaceutical IndustriesRs. 807.35/injectionRs. 807.35same price
- CYTOCARB 150MG INJECTION(15 ML injection in vial)Cipla LtdRs. 59.28/ML of injectionRs. 889.26save 93% more per ML of injection
- CELCARB 150MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Celon Laboratories LtdRs. 714.28/injectionRs. 714.28save 11% more per injection
- CARBOPA 150MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 1065.75/injectionRs. 1065.75pay 32% more per injection
- KARPLAT 150MG INJECTION(20 ML injection in vial)Cadila Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 35.71/ML of injectionRs. 714.28save 96% more per ML of injection
Expert advice for CARBOKEM NOVO
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of kidney (renal) disorder.
- Kidney and liver function will be monitored during carboplatin treatment.
- Neurological and hearing assessments may be required on regular basis during treatment with high doses of carboplatin.
- It is generally recommended that aluminium containing equipment not be used for delivering carboplatin.
- Concurrent treatment with following medications is not recommended: amino glycoside, vancomycin, capreomycin and diuretics.
- Allergic reactions (like hives; skin rash; itching; reddening of the skin; difficulty breathing or swallowing; dizziness; faintness; or fast heartbeat) may occur during therapy which will be duly managed by your doctor.
- There might be low numbers of platelets or white blood cells during therapy and hence, frequent monitoring of blood cell counts and transfusions of the same may be required.
- Call your doctor immediately if you experience any of the following during the therapy: fever, sore throat, chills, ongoing cough and congestion, or other signs of infection; unusual bleeding or bruising; black and tarry stools; red blood in stools; bloody vomit; vomited material that looks like coffee grounds.
- Women who are planning to become pregnant should use two methods of contraception while on this therapy and 6 months after it.
- Men who are going to use this therapy should not father a child while on this therapy and 6 months after stopping. They should also seek guidance and counselling on sperm conservation before taking this therapy.
Frequently asked questions for CARBOKEM NOVO
Q.Is carboplatin a generic?
Yes, carboplatin is a generic platinum-based compound
Q.Is carboplatin cell cycle specific?
No, carboplatin is not a cell cycle specific anticancer medication
Q.Is carboplatin vesicant/cardio-toxic/ anthracycline?
No carboplatin is not cardio-toxic/ anthracycline/vesicant
Q.Is carboplatin FDA approved?
Yes carboplatin is an FDA approved drug
Q.Is carboplatin used for breast cancer?
It is used to treat advanced stage breast cancer
Q.Is it a platinum based drug?
Yes carboplatin is a platinum based drug and is effectively used in combination with other drug
Q.Is carboplatin available in pill form?
No carboplatin is not available in pill form
Q.Does carboplatin cause neuropathy/ hearing loss/ hair loss/ weight gain/ constipation/ leukemia?
Yes carboplatin is known to cause side effects like neuropathy, hearing loss, hair loss, weight gain, and constipation. Please inform your doctor about any side-effect that you may observe on taking this drug. Infertility while on therapy may be caused as a side effect of this drug but it may be reverse after stopping the therapy. Yes carboplatin may cause leukemia if it is used for a long duration.