food interaction for CALPSOR C
alcohol interaction for CALPSOR C
pregnancy interaction for CALPSOR C
lactation interaction for CALPSOR C
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for CALPSOR C
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for CALPSOR C LOTION
Patients taking CALPSOR C LOTION
- 62%Once A Day
- 15%Twice A Day
- 8%Alternate Day
- 8%Four Times A Day
- 8%Thrice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for CALPSOR CNo substitutes found
- Dr. Anuj PallMBBS, MD, PhD, Certification
- Dr. Avnish SharmaMBBS, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Ramanjit SinghMBBS, MD, Certification
- Dr. Shuchi SinglaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Atula GuptaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for CALPSOR C
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding. In case you have been advised to use this drug while breast feeding, do not apply it on breast area.
- Before using calcipotriol, inform your doctor if you are taking ultraviolet (UV) light treatment.
- Excessive exposure to sunlight should be avoided while on this treatment.
- If you have been diagnosed with psoriasis types like ‘generalised pustular psoriasis’ or ‘erythrodermic exfoliative psoriasis’, consult your doctor before using calcipotriol.
- Application of calcipotriol on face is not recommended.
Frequently asked questions for CALPSOR C
Q.Is calcipotriol a steroid?
No. calcipotriol is not a steroid
Q.Is calcipotriol' over the counter' drug?
No. Calciportiol is not an ‘over the counter' drug. It is available only by prescription
Q.What is calcipotriol used/indicated for?
Calcipotriol is used in treatment of psoriasis (development of red/silver colored scaly patches on skin)
Q.How effective is calcipotriol?
Calcipotriol is considered to be effective when used at the dose and duration prescribed by your doctor
Q.How long does calcipotriol take to work?
For best results calcipotriol is used once/twice daily (as instructed by your doctor). Usually changes in the skin can be seen after around two weeks as the psoriatic patches clear up/flatten. Redness of the skin will also start to reduce then
Q.What is calcipotriol ointment/solution?
Calcipotriol is a drug used in treatment of psoriasis. It is available in different forms like cream, ointment, gel or solution for application to the affected areas of skin or scalp.
Q.Is clobetasol propionate a steroid/ an antifungal/ OTC?
Clobetasol (also available as cosvate cream, cosvate G) is a potent topical corticosteroid used for the treatment of itching, redness, dryness, inflammation, and discomfort of various scalp and skin conditions. It is not an antifungal. It is available only by prescription given by your doctor
Q.Is clobetasol propionate topical used for hair loss/ does clobetasol help hair growth?
Clobetasol topical is used for discomfort in various scalp and skin conditions; however not used for treatment of hair loss or hair growth. Always consult your doctor regarding its use
Q.Does clobetasol propionate topical cause hair loss / thinning of skin?
Long-term use of steroids may damage your hair or skin. Always follow the advice of your doctor regarding its use
Q.Is clobetasol propionate topical good for acne/ athlete's foot/ ringworm?
Clobetasol topical should not be used for conditions like acne, athlete's foot or ringworm. Always consult your doctor regarding its use.