food interaction for BROADICILIN
alcohol interaction for BROADICILIN
pregnancy interaction for BROADICILIN
lactation interaction for BROADICILIN
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for BROADICILIN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for BROADICILIN
- NEOCILLIN 1GM INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Neon Laboratories LtdRs. 11.25/ML of injectionRs. 11.25save 24% more per ML of injection
- SYNTHOCILIN 1GM INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)PCI PharmaceuticalsRs. 11.71/ML of injectionRs. 11.71save 21% more per ML of injection
- AMPILIN 1GM INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Hetero Drugs LtdRs. 20.65/injectionRs. 20.65pay 39% more per injection
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
Expert advice for BROADICILIN
- Do not take ampicillin with food or milk.
- Do not start or continue the ampicillin suspension/capsule and consult your doctor if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to ampicillin, penicillin, cephalosporin, any other antibiotic of this class or any other ingredient of suspension/capsule.
- Do not start or continue the ampicillin suspension/capsule and consult your doctor if you suffer from liver problems ar diabetes.
Frequently asked questions for BROADICILIN
Q.Is ampicillin/Megapen a prodrug?
No, ampicillin is not a prodrug
Q.Is ampicillin and amoxicillin the same?
Ampicillin and amoxicillin belongs to the same group of penicillin antibiotics, but differ slightly in their uses
Q.Is ampicillin a cephalosporin?
Ampicillin is not a cephalosporin
Q.Is ampicillin light-sensitive?
Yes, ampicillin is light sensitive it should be kept away from sunlight
Q.Can I take ampicillin for strep throat, tooth infection, sore throat, chlamydial and bacterial vaginitis?
Ampicillin can be used to treat strep throat, tooth infection, sore throat, bacterial vaginitis
Q.Does ampicillin cover anaerobes, listeria?
Ampicillin is used for infections caused by anaerobes and listeria. It is not typically used to treat chlamydia
Q.Can I take ampicillin with Advil (ibuprofen), Tylenol (paracetamol) and Benadryl?
Ampicillin can be taken with paracetamol and Benadryl. Ampicillin when taken with ibuprofen may increase the effects of either drug.