Medicine Overview of Benxop Face Wash
Side effects of Benxop Face Wash
Dry skin, Erythema, Skin peeling, Burning sensation.
How to use Benxop Face Wash
Use it as advised by your doctor or check the label for directions before use.
How Benxop Face Wash works
Benzoyl peroxide belongs to the class of medications called as keratolytic agents. It acts by killing the acne causing bacteria thereby preventing the infection. It also has peeling and drying properties.
In Depth Information on Benxop Face Wash
Expert advice for Benxop Face Wash
- It is normal for your skin condition to worsen for the first 2 to 3 weeks of treatment, do not stop using benzoyl peroxide and consult your doctor if symptoms worsen.
- Avoid exposure to strong sunlight or UV lamps while using benzoyl peroxide. If unavoidable, use a suitable sunscreen lotion and apply benzoyl peroxide in the evening after washing the skin.
- Avoid contact with the eyes, mouth, nose (especially mucous lining). In case of accidental contact, rinse thoroughly with warm water.
- Do not apply to damaged skin and exercise caution while applying to the neck and other sensitive areas.
- Exercise caution if benzoyl peroxide is used as concomitant therapy to avoid irritation to skin.
- Avoid contact of benzoyl peroxide gel wash with any coloured material including hair and dyed fabrics as it may result in bleaching or discolouration.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not use if you are allergic to benzoyl peroxide or any of its ingredients.
Special precautions for Benxop Face Wash
No interaction found
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Benxop Face Wash may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Benxop Face Wash is probably safe to use during lactation.+more
Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Benxop Face Wash does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Benxop Face Wash is probably safe to use in patients with ki+more
dney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Benxop Face Wash may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
Benxop Face Wash is probably safe to use in patients with li+more
ver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Benxop Face Wash may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
Frequently asked questions for Benxop 4% w/w Face Wash
Frequently asked questions for Benzoyl Peroxide Topical
Q. Does benzoyl peroxide topical darken skin/cause hyperpigmentation/bleach skin?
Benzoyl peroxide topical causes bleaching of skin and hair. It does not darken the skin or cause hyperpigmentation, but it should be best to use it under a doctor's supervision
Q. Is benzoyl peroxide a BHA/an antibiotic/retin a/salicylic acid?
Benzoyl peroxide is not a beta hydroxy acid (BHA), antibiotic, retin A or salicylic acid. It is a keratolytic agent with antibacterial actions
Q. Is benzoyl peroxide the same as hydrogen peroxide?
No, benzoyl peroxide is different from hydrogen peroxide.
User Submitted Feedback For Benxop 4% w/w Face Wash
Patients taking Benxop Face Wash
Once A Day
Twice A Day
Thrice A week
Thrice A Day
What were the side-effects while using this medicine?
No Side Effect
How do you take this medicine?
With or without food
How much was the improvement?
Please rate this medicine on price?
What are you using this medicine for?
Substitutes for Benxop
No substitutes found for this medicine