Medicine Overview of AVOGRAN TABLET DT
Side effects of AVOGRAN TABLET DT
Fatigue, Headache, Injection site allergic reaction, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Constipation.
How to use AVOGRAN TABLET DT
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Dissolve it in a glass of water before taking it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Avogran 1mg tablet dt at a fixed time.
How AVOGRAN TABLET DT works
Avogran 1mg tablet dt inhibits the action of serotonin, a chemical messenger that can trigger nausea and vomiting.
In Depth Information on AVOGRAN TABLET DT
Expert advice for AVOGRAN TABLET DT
- Take Granisetron 30 minutes before your food.
- If you vomit within 30 minutes after taking the Granisetron, take the same amount again. If vomiting continues, check with your doctor.
- If Granisetron is used for a short duration, for e.g. 6 -10 days, the risk of side-effects is minimal (well-tolerated).
- You can use oral disintegrating film/strip (medicated strip that dissolves when comes in contact with a wet surface) form of the Granisetron if you are nauseous to swallow a tablet or capsule.
- If you are using Granisetron in the form of oral disintegrating film/strip:
- Make sure your hands are dry.
- Immediately place the film/strip on the top of the tongue.
- The film/strip will dissolve in seconds and you can swallow it with your saliva.
- You do not need to drink water or other liquids to swallow the film/strip.
Special precautions for AVOGRAN 1MG TABLET DT
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Avogran 1mg tablet dt is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Avogran 1mg tablet dt is probably safe to use during breastfeeding. Please consult your doctor.
There is no interaction between driving and consuming this drug. So dose alteration is not needed.
There is no interaction between renal impairment and consumi+more
ng this drug. So dose alteration is not needed....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
TRAMAZAC HP 50MG INJECTION, BENADRYL DR DRY COUGH ACTIVE RELIEF SYRUP, HYTRAM 100MG INJECTION, POSTADOL 100MG INJECTION
If you miss a dose of Granisetron, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for AVOGRAN 1MG TABLET DT
Frequently asked questions for Granisetron
Q. What is granisetron/granisetron hcl used for?
Granisetron is used to prevent and treat nausea and vomiting due to cancer chemotherapy and radiotherapy
Q. How does granisetron work?
Granisetron works by inhibiting a natural substance (serotonin) in the body that is responsible for causing nausea and vomiting.