food interaction for ARTFIN
alcohol interaction for ARTFIN
pregnancy interaction for ARTFIN
lactation interaction for ARTFIN
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR ARTFIN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR ARTFIN
- FALCYNATE 50MG TABLET(6 tablets in strip)Skymax Life Science Pvt LtdRs. 30.33/tabletRs. 182pay 107% more per tablet
- AZUNATE 50 MG TABLET(6 tablets in strip)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 11.31/tabletRs. 67.86save 23% more per tablet
- FALNO FORTE 50MG TABLET(6 tablets in strip)Winsome Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 24.71/tabletRs. 148.28pay 69% more per tablet
- SVIZUNATE 50MG TABLET(6 tablets in strip)Maneesh Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 17/tabletRs. 102pay 16% more per tablet
- CALSUNATE 50MG TABLET(4 tablets in strip)Calibar PharmaceuticalsRs. 14.85/tabletRs. 59.40pay 2% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR ARTFIN
- Do not start or continue the artesunate tablets and consult your doctor If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to artesunate.
- Do not start or continue the artesunate tablets and consult your doctor you are in first 3 months of pregnancy or If you are breast feeding.
- Do not drive or operate machinery after taking artesunate because you may feel sleepy.
Frequently asked questions FOR ARTFIN
Q. Is artesunate banned in India?
No, it is available in India with doctor's prescription only
Q. What is artesunate amodiaquine/ Winthrop/artesunate injection?
These are trade names of artesunate containing products. It is used for the treatment of malaria. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. Why is artesunate better than quinine?
Intramuscular or intravenous injection of artesunate has shown better treatment effects than quinine. Always consult your doctor regarding its use
Q. Does artesunate contain sulphur?
No, it does not contain sulphur
Q. How does artesunate work?
It acts by producing free radicals which kills the malarial parasite (Plasmodium)
Q. Where does artesunate come from?
It is derived from Artemisinin tree.