Information about Artesunate
Artesunate is used in the treatment of malaria. It is not used to prevent malaria or to treat severe malaria (where it has affected the brain, lungs or kidneys).
How Artesunate works
Artesunate is an antiparasitic medication. It works by producing harmful chemicals (free radicals) within the malarial parasite, thereby killing it.
Common side effects of Artesunate
Headache, Dizziness, Loss of appetite, Weakness
Available Medicine for Artesunate
₹180 to ₹4273 variant(s)
AzunateMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹67 to ₹2314 variant(s)
RtsunateThemis Medicare Ltd
₹84 to ₹4273 variant(s)
Combither ATAristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹202 to ₹3862 variant(s)
FalcinilZuventus Healthcare Ltd
₹95 to ₹2242 variant(s)
Falcinil ForteZuventus Healthcare Ltd
Rezart SShreya Life Sciences Pvt Ltd
Endomal ATAlmet Corporation Ltd
₹222 to ₹4222 variant(s)
Match ARMankind Pharma Ltd
Artisafe4Alkem Laboratories Ltd
Expert advice for Artesunate
- Artesunate should be taken with food or drinks enriched with fat such as milk.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
- It may cause dizziness and sleepiness. Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration.
- Do not take this medicine if you are in the first 3 months of pregnancy. Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding.
- Inform your doctor if you notice flu-like symptoms such as chills, fever, muscle pains and any changes in a heartbeat.
- You may be asked for a regular blood test once a week while taking this medicine.