food interaction for ANTRIMA
alcohol interaction for ANTRIMA
pregnancy interaction for ANTRIMA
lactation interaction for ANTRIMA
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR ANTRIMA
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR ANTRIMA
- SEPTRAN PEAD 200 MG/40 MG SUSPENSION(50 ML suspension in bottle)Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 0.29/ML of suspensionRs. 14.70save 1% more per ML of suspension
- LARPRIM 200MG/40MG SUSPENSION(50 ML suspension in bottle)Lark Laboratories LtdRs. 0.28/ML of suspensionRs. 14.07save 6% more per ML of suspension
- ORIPRIM 200MG/40MG SUSPENSION(50 ML suspension in bottle)Zydus CadilaRs. 0.26/ML of suspensionRs. 13.23save 11% more per ML of suspension
- WYPAL 200MG/40MG SUSPENSION(50 ML suspension in bottle)Jagsonpal Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 0.24/ML of suspensionRs. 12save 20% more per ML of suspension
- CIPLIN 200 MG/40 MG SUSPENSION(50 ML suspension in bottle)Cipla LtdRs. 0.25/ML of suspensionRs. 12.42save 17% more per ML of suspension
Expert advice FOR ANTRIMA
- Do not take further dose of taking sulfamethoxazole and consult your doctor at the first appearance of a skin rash, sore throat, fever, muscle, joints, bone pain or stiffness (arthralgia), cough, shortness of breath or jaundice.
- Avoid excessive exposure to sunlight and wear sunscreen when going out.
- Drink adequate water during sulfonamide therapy.
- Do not start or continue the sulfamethoxazole tablets and consult your doctor If you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR ANTRIMA
Q. Is Bactrim/Septrin/septran/ ciplin, sulphamethoxazole + trimethoprin a sulfa drug, penicillin, antibiotic?
Bactrim/Septrin/septran/ciplin are brand names for sulphamethoxazole + trimethoprin combination belongs to class of medications called sulfonamide antibiotic, it is a sulpha drug. Sulphamethoxazole + trimethoprin is not a penicillin antibiotic
Q. Is Sulphamethoxazole + trimethoprin combination safe?
Sulphamethoxazole + trimethoprin is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side effects, consult your doctor
Q. What is sulphamethoxazole + trimethoprim used for?
Sulphamethoxazole + trimethoprim is used to treat or prevent lung infections, sinus infection, toxoplasmosis, nocardiosis (bacterial infection causing abscesses), urinary tract infections, bronchitis, ear infections
Q. Is sulphamethoxazole + trimethoprin good for tooth infection, bronchitis, upper respiratory tract infection, sore throat, strep throat, sinus infection, cough, acne, bacterial vaginosis, urinary tract infection, yeast infection, flu, kidney infection, and cover pseudomonas?
Sulphamethoxazole + trimethoprim can be used to treat tooth infection, upper respiratory tract infection, whooping cough, acne and kidney infection.Sulphamethoxazole + trimethoprim is not the drug of choice for bacterial vaginosis, strep throat or sore throat. Sulphamethoxazole + trimethoprim is not recommended for yeast infection and flu and is resistant towards pseudomonas aeruginosa
Q. Can I take sulphamethoxazole + trimethoprim with Tylenol/acetaminophen, Aleve/naproxen, Benadryl, prednisone, Adderall/amphetamine/dextroamphetamine, Xanax/alprazolam, Valtrex/valacyclovir, antacids, vitamins, aspirin?
Interaction is not observed, when sulphamethoxazole + trimethoprim is taken with acetaminophen, naproxen, Benadryl, prednisone, amphetamine and dextroamphetamine, alprazolam, valacyclovir, antacids, vitamins, aspirin however do consult your doctor before use
Q. Can I take Interaction is not observed with birth control pills?
Interaction is not observed when sulphamethoxazole + trimethoprim is taken with birth control pills. Please consult your doctor before use
Q. Does sulphamethoxazole + trimethoprim make you tired, cause headache?
Sulphamethoxazole + trimethoprim can make you tired and can cause headache.
Q. Is trimethoprim a tetracycline antibiotic/ a sulfa/ a strong antibiotic/ a penicillin/ effective for urinary tract infections (UTI)/ tooth/chest/throat / tonsillitis/ear/kidney infection/bacterial vaginosis (BV)/ sexually transmitted disease (STDS)/ acne/get rid of chlamydia?
Trimethoprim is an antibiotic and is majorly used for treating infections of the urinary and respiratory tract including kidney, chest, throat, tonsillitis, ear, sinus infection. It is not a drug of choice for treating tooth infections, bacterial vaginosis, acne, sexually transmitted disease or chlamydia infection. It is not a tetracycline antibiotic or penicillin. It is commonly used in combination with sulfa drugs (sulfamethoxazole)
Q. Is Bactrim DS a sulfa drug/an antibiotic/ a strong antibiotic/ good for sinus infection/ good for UTI/ good for tooth infection/strep throat/ MSRA?
Bactrim DS is a strong antibiotic combination containing trimethoprim and sulfonamide antibiotic. It is good for treating urinary and respiratory tract infections including treating sinus and strep throat as per doctor's recommendation. It is not a drug of choice for treating and tooth infections
Q. Is Bactrim DS safe/ makes you feel sleepy/ cause fungal infections?
Bactrim DS is safe at recommended doses and duration. It is not sure but it may make you feel sleepy (drowsiness). It does not cause fungal infections
Q. What is Ciplin DS/ suspension Septra DS used for/ Septra DS affect birth control?
Ciplin DS/suspension, Septra DS are a combination of trimethoprim and sulfamethoxazole and is used for treating a variety of bacterial infections. Antibiotics such as Septra DS can decrease the effectiveness of birth control pills and thereby affect birth control. Consult your doctor before its use
Q. Does trimethoprim make you feel sick/ make you drowsy/ cause constipation?
Trimethoprim may make you feel sick (nausea). It is not sure but it may cause drowsiness and constipation.