Sulfamethoxazole + Trimethoprim
Information about Sulfamethoxazole + Trimethoprim
Sulfamethoxazole + Trimethoprim Uses
Sulfamethoxazole+Trimethoprim is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. It is used to treat bacterial infections such as pneumonia, bronchitis, infections of urinary tract, ear and intestines.
How Sulfamethoxazole + Trimethoprim works
Sulfamethoxazole + Trimethoprim is a combination of two antibiotics: Sulfamethoxazole and Trimethoprim. These antibiotics work by preventing the bacteria from producing folic acid, a nutrient required for bacterial multiplication. Together, they treat your infection effectively.
Common side effects of Sulfamethoxazole + Trimethoprim
Nausea, Vomiting, Skin rash, Allergic reaction
Available Medicine for Sulfamethoxazole + Trimethoprim
SeptranKoye Pharmaceuticals Pvt ltd
₹2 to ₹224 variant(s)
SepmaxGlaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹6 to ₹223 variant(s)
₹13 to ₹142 variant(s)
ComaxAgron Remedies Pvt Ltd
₹6 to ₹752 variant(s)
MountrimMount Mettur Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹8 to ₹183 variant(s)
₹6 to ₹163 variant(s)
Alcorim FAlbert David Ltd
₹9 to ₹112 variant(s)
SynastatSanofi India Ltd
₹10 to ₹162 variant(s)
SumetrolThemis Medicare Ltd
₹6 to ₹123 variant(s)
Expert advice for Sulfamethoxazole + Trimethoprim
- You have been prescribed Sulfamethoxazole + Trimethoprim for the treatment of many types of bacterial infections.
- Finish the prescribed course of Sulfamethoxazole + Trimethoprim, even if you start to feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection come back and harder to treat.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it does not stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Stop taking Sulfamethoxazole + Trimethoprim and inform your doctor if you develop skin rash/blisters or other unexplained skin reaction while taking Sulfamethoxazole + Trimethoprim.
- In case of long-term use, have regular monthly blood tests to monitor your blood cells as suggested by your doctor.