food interaction for AMACE
alcohol interaction for AMACE
pregnancy interaction for AMACE
lactation interaction for AMACE
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for AMACE
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for AMACE 5 MG/5 MG TABLET
Patients taking AMACE 5 MG/5 MG TABLET
- 89%Once A Day
- 6%Twice A Week
- 6%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for AMACE
- AMTAS E TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 6.67/tabletRs. 100pay 11% more per tablet
- AMLO E 5MG/5MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 3.90/tabletRs. 39save 35% more per tablet
- Dr. Rajneesh KapoorMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Tapan GhoseMBBS, DNB, MD, DNB, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for AMACE
- Notify your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant.
- Amlodipine can cause swelling in the ankle or feet. Notify your doctor if it bothers you.
- The missing dose of the Amlodipine can cause your blood pressure to go up suddenly, which raises the risk of heart attack and stroke. You can take the medicine at the same time every day to avoid forgetting it.
- You may get a headache that lasts for a short time, after starting Amlodipine. This should become less noticeable after a few days.
- Amlodipine may cause dizziness in the first few days of starting the treatment.
- Your doctor may recommend a change in the lifestyle to lower your blood pressure. It may include:
- Consume fruits, vegetables, low-fat dairy products, and reduce saturated-total fat.
- Reduce daily dietary sodium intake as much as possible, ideally to 65 mmol/day (1.5 g/day sodium or 3.8 g/day sodium chloride).
- Regular aerobic physical activity (at least 30 minutes/day, most days of the week).
- Swelling, bleeding or tenderness of gums may occur after starting the treatment. Brushing and flossing of teeth carefully and regularly may prevent this.
Frequently asked questions for AMACE
Q.Is amlodipine safe?
Amlodipine is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is amlodipine a diuretic/ blood thinner/ beta-blocker/ statin/ ACE inhibitor or a nitrate?
Amlodipine is a calcium channel blocker, not a diuretic, blood thinner, beta-blocker, statin, ACE inhibitor or a nitrate
Q.Can I take amlodipine with Viagra?
Amlodipine does not have any significant interaction with sildenafil, the active ingredient of Viagra. However, consult your doctor before taking both the drugs together
Q.Does amlodipine cause gout or coughing?
Amlodipine does not cause gout, in fact it can be taken by gout patients for the appropriate indication. Coughing is a very rare side effect of amlodipine
Q.What is Eslo 2.5 or Amlopres-5 used for?
Eslo 2.5 or Amlopres-5 are some of the trade names of amlodipine and used for the same indications as amlodipine.
Q.Is enalapril a beta blocker/statin/alpha blocker?
Enalapril belongs to a class of medication called as angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor
Q.Is enalapril same as ramipril?
Enalapril and ramipril belongs to same category of drugs with similar action, but their effect may vary upon individual response
Q.Is enalapril safe?
Enalapril is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.What are enalapril/Envas 5/ Envas 2.5?
Enalapril belongs to a class of medication called as angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE)
Q.Is enalapril a generic drug?
Enalapril is a generic drug whereas Envas 5 and Envas 2.5 is a brand name
Q.Is enalapril a prodrug?
Yes, it forms an active metabolite called as enalapril at
Q.Can I take enalapril with ibubrufen/Tylenol/asprin/ Viagra/ magnesium/Cialis (tadalafil)/Cymbalta(duloxetin)?
Asprin increases antihypertensive effect of enalpril. Patients should follow doctors advice for its use
Q.Does enalapril cause weight gain/loss/cough/hair loose/ sleepiness/ blood sugar/ lowers heart rate?
Enalapril can cause weight loss/gain, cough, lower blood sugar. Patient should fallow doctor’s advice for possible side effects.