food interaction for ALENDRATE
alcohol interaction for ALENDRATE
pregnancy interaction for ALENDRATE
lactation interaction for ALENDRATE
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ALENDRATE
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for ALENDRATE
- OSTEOFOS 70MG TABLET(4 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 40.12/tabletRs. 160.50pay 114% more per tablet
- BIFOSA 70 MG TABLET(4 tablets in strip)Troikaa Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 33.50/tabletRs. 134pay 79% more per tablet
- RESTOFOS 70MG TABLET(4 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 38.50/tabletRs. 154pay 105% more per tablet
- ALENOST 70MG TABLET(4 tablets in strip)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 25.21/tabletRs. 100.83pay 34% more per tablet
- ALENFOS 70MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Marc Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 29/tabletRs. 290pay 55% more per tablet
- Dr. B. K. SinghMBBS, MS, MS
- Dr. Dharmendra SinghMBBS, Diploma, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. Neeraj YadavMBBS, MS, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Arvind MehraMBBS, MS
- Dr. Naresh PanditaMBBS, MS, MCh
Expert advice for ALENDRATE
Notify your doctor immediately if you are or become pregnant while taking this medicine.
Frequently asked questions for ALENDRATE
Q.Is alendronic acid safe/ dangerous/ a biphosphate/ a steroid/ vitamin D?
Alendronic acid belongs to class of medications called bisphosphonates. It is not a steroid or vitamin D. It is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Can I take ibuprofen/ paracetamol with alendronic acid?
Avoid taking alendronic acid with NSAIDs such as ibuprofen and paracetamol as it increases the gastrointestinal related side effects
Q.Does alendronic acid affect your teeth?
Alendronic acid is not known to affect the teeth. However, bone damage in the jaw (osteonecrosis) generally associated with delayed healing and infection is known to occur following tooth extraction
Q.Does alendronic acid contain calcium/ vitamin D?
Alendronic acid does not contain calcium and vitamin D. You doctor may ask to take calcium or vitamin D
Q.Does alendronic acid cause cancer/ hair loss/ make you tired/ increase in blood pressure?
Alendronic acid has a side effect of causing hair loss and tiredness. However, it is not known to cause cancer or increase in blood pressure. Consult your doctor if you experience such side effects.