food interaction for ADIURETIN
alcohol interaction for ADIURETIN
pregnancy interaction for ADIURETIN
lactation interaction for ADIURETIN
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR ADIURETIN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR ADIURETIN
Expert advice FOR ADIURETIN
- Consult your doctor if you are suffering from any of the following conditions: kidney disease, heart diseases such as coronary artery disease, congestive heart failure, high/low blood pressure, abnormal levels of sodium/potassium in blood (electrolyte imbalance), cystic fibrosis or any psychological condition causing unusual thirst; asthma, epilepsy (fits) or migraine headache.
- Restricting the intake of water or other fluids is very important while taking desmopressin. Drinking excess water during desmopressin therapy may cause life-threatening electrolyte imbalance, and may also cause fits. Follow your doctor’s instructions carefully about fluid intake.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant or are breast-feeding.
- Restrict consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects.
- Low doses of desmopressin should be taken without food for better effect.
Frequently asked questions FOR ADIURETIN
Q. Does desmopressin cause weight gain/increase in blood pressure/constipation?
Desmopressin may cause weight gain or increase in blood pressure as its side effects. It is not known to cause constipation. Consult your doctor if you observe any such symptoms after taking this medicine
Q. Is desmopressin the same as vasopressin?
Desmopressin is a man-made form of hormone similar to vasopressin. Vasopressin is a natural hormone present in body which regulates the amount of water that body uses
Q. Is desmopressin a steroid?
Desmopressin is not a steroid
Q. Does desmopressin acetate work/Is it safe?
Desmopressin/ desmopressin acetate is safe and effective if taken as per the dose and duration prescribed by a doctor. Please follow your doctor's instructions carefully about usage of this drug
Q. Is desmopressin a psychotropic medication?
Yes. Desmopressin is a psychotropic medication
Q. Is it a diuretic?
It is not a diuretic.