What is MRI Brain?
An MRI brain creates a picture of the brain bones (cranium), veins/arteries (grey/white matter), cranial nerves and surrounding soft tissues. The images captured during the MRI scan can be stored on an electronic device which is further printed on a film. The MRI scan is radiationless test which uses strong magnetic and radio waves to create detailed and clear 3D multiple images. The whole MRI scan procedure takes about 40-60 minutes.
Preparation for MRI Brain
- At the time of the MRI you might be asked to remove any metallic coins, jewelry, metal wrist watches, metallic keys, dentures or hearing aids as the MRI uses strong magnetic fields
- Tell your radiologist if you have metallic implants like pacemaker, cochlear implants, aneurysm clips, neuro-stimulator, surgical staples/clips or drug implants
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor about their pregnancy before going for MRI
Why Get Tested for MRI Brain?
- To find out the damaged area of the soft tissues (e.g. ligaments, cartilages, tendons, muscles) of the brain.
- To diagnose of the traumatic brain injury (TBI) and joint dislocation.
- To detect presence of the stroke, aneurysm (bulge in the brain blood vessels), brain tumor and brain haemorrhage.
- To find out the brain diseases like seizures, chronic headaches and acoustic neuroma (vestibular) and multiple sclerosis (chronic nerve cell damage) condition.
Provided by 15 Labs in New Delhi
Frequently Booked Together
Complete Blood Count
Thyroid Stimulating Hormone
Dengue Antigen NS1, IgG & IgM
Urine Routine & Microscopy
Kidney Function Test
Renal Function Test (RFT)
USG Whole Abdomen
Ultrasound Whole Abdomen/ Sonography Whole Abdomen
X - Ray Chest PA View
PET CT Scan (Whole Body)