food interaction for ZYPLANIN
alcohol interaction for ZYPLANIN
pregnancy interaction for ZYPLANIN
lactation interaction for ZYPLANIN
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ZYPLANIN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for ZYPLANIN
- TARGOCID 400 MG INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Sanofi India LtdRs. 1910/ML of injectionRs. 1910pay 39% more per ML of injection
- TICOCIN 400 MG INJECTION(10 ML injection in vial)Cipla LtdRs. 139.35/ML of injectionRs. 1393.50save 90% more per ML of injection
- TROYPLANIN 400MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Troikaa Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 1238.10/injectionRs. 1238.10save 10% more per injection
- T PLANIN 400MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Glenmark Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 766.50/ML of injectionRs. 1533save 44% more per ML of injection
- TEICOBIOTIC 400 MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Neon Laboratories LtdRs. 681.25/injectionRs. 681.25save 50% more per injection
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
Expert advice for ZYPLANIN
- Do not take teicoplanin if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to vancomycin, teicoplanin or any of the other ingredients of teicoplanin formulation.
- Do not take teicoplanin if you have red man syndrome; low platelet count in the blood (thrombocytopenia); kidney problem.
- Avoid using teicoplanin if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- Do not drive or operate machinery after taking teicoplanin because you may feel drowsy.
- Do the blood tests for complete blood cell count at regular intervals.
- Do not prolong the use of teicoplanin.
Frequently asked questions for ZYPLANIN
Q.Is teicoplanin a penicillin or does it contain penicillin?
No, teicoplanin is not penicillin and it does not contain penicillin
Q.Is teicoplanin nephrotoxic?
It is nephrotoxic in patients with kidney problem and in those receiving teicoplanin concurrently with other medicinal products having nephrotoxic potential (eg. aminoglycosides, cisplatin).Patient should follow the advice of doctor regarding its use
Q.Is teicoplanin safe in penicillin allergy?
Yes, it is safe in penicillin allergy
Q.What is teicoplanin used for?
Teicoplanin is used to treat infections of skin and soft tissues, bones and joints, lung (pneumonia), urinary tract, inner layer of the heart called endocardium, peritonitis associated with continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis (CAPD). Teicoplanin is also used as an alternative oral treatment for Clostridium difficile infection-associated diarrhea and colitis
Q.How does teicoplanin work?
It is antibacterial medicine and works by killing the bacteria that causes infections.