Information about Teicoplanin
Teicoplanin is used in the treatment of severe bacterial infections. It treats infections of skin & soft tissues, blood, heart, bones and lungs (pneumonia).
How teicoplanin works
Teicoplanin is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by preventing them from forming the bacterial protective covering (cell wall) which is needed for them to survive.
Common side effects of teicoplanin
Injection site reactions (pain, swelling, redness), Fever, Itching, Skin rash
Available Medicine for Teicoplanin
- ₹1170 to ₹2207Sanofi India Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹967 to ₹2040Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹913 to ₹2013Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹825 to ₹1529United Biotech Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹1347 to ₹1691Samarth Life Sciences Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹1184 to ₹2025Neon Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹875 to ₹1703Abbott2 variant(s)
- ₹912 to ₹1360Lupin Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹1075 to ₹1717Biocon2 variant(s)
- ₹1525Zuventus Healthcare Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Teicoplanin
- Teicoplanin is used for treating serious bacterial infections, which cannot be treated with other antibiotics like penicillins and cephalosporins.
- Finish the prescribed course, even if you start to feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection come back and harder to treat.
- It is given by an injection or drip into a vein or into a muscle.
- Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as it can cause dizziness and headaches.
- Do not take Teicoplanin if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.