Information about Teicoplanin
Teicoplanin is used in the treatment of severe bacterial infections. It treats infections of skin & soft tissues, blood, heart, bones and lungs (pneumonia).
How Teicoplanin works
Teicoplanin is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by preventing them from forming the bacterial protective covering (cell wall) which is needed for them to survive.
Common side effects of Teicoplanin
Injection site reactions (pain, swelling, redness), Fever, Itching, Skin rash
Available Medicine for Teicoplanin
TargocidSanofi India Ltd
₹1170 to ₹23163 variant(s)
₹967 to ₹20392 variant(s)
T-PlaninGlenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹913 to ₹20122 variant(s)
TecoplanUnited Biotech Pvt Ltd
₹825 to ₹15282 variant(s)
TexoplanSamarth Life Sciences Pvt Ltd
₹1347 to ₹16902 variant(s)
TeicobioticNeon Laboratories Ltd
₹1184 to ₹24492 variant(s)
₹875 to ₹17032 variant(s)
₹912 to ₹13602 variant(s)
₹1075 to ₹17162 variant(s)
ForplusZuventus Healthcare Ltd
Expert advice for Teicoplanin
- Teicoplanin is used for treating serious bacterial infections, which cannot be treated with other antibiotics like penicillins and cephalosporins.
- Finish the prescribed course, even if you start to feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection come back and harder to treat.
- It is given by an injection or drip into a vein or into a muscle.
- Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as it can cause dizziness and headaches.
- Do not take Teicoplanin if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.