food interaction for ZOLADEX
alcohol interaction for ZOLADEX
pregnancy interaction for ZOLADEX
lactation interaction for ZOLADEX
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR ZOLADEX
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR ZOLADEX LA 10.8 MG INJECTION
Patients taking ZOLADEX LA 10.8 MG INJECTION
- 54%Once A Day
- 38%Once A Month
- 8%Twice A Week
SUBSTITUTES FOR ZOLADEXNo substitutes found
Expert advice FOR ZOLADEX
- Inform the doctor if you have a history of urinary problems (eg. blockage of the bladder or ureters), spinal cord problems, abnormal growths on or near the spine or spinal cord, mental or mood problems (eg, depression), diabetes or high blood sugar, a certain type of irregular heartbeat (congenital long QT syndrome) or other heart problems (eg, congestive heart failure), blood vessel problems, a stroke, or high blood calcium levels, bone problems like weak bones, osteoporosis (thinning or weakening of bones).
- Do not drive or operate machinery while taking goserelin as it causes dizziness.
- Do not consume alcohol while taking goserelin as it may worsen the side effects.
- Seek medical attention if you experience worsening of symptoms like bone pain; blood in the urine; difficulty urinating; burning, numbness, or tingling especially during the first few weeks.
- Consult your doctor if you continue to have menstrual bleeding while taking goserelin as it should stop regular menstrual bleeding.
- Avoid becoming pregnant while using goserelin for at least 12 weeks after stopping goserelin.
- Frequent monitoring of blood glucose levels in diabetics taking goserelin is recommended.
- Do not use oral contraceptives while you are having goserelin. Use necessary precautions to avoid pregnancy.
Frequently asked questions FOR ZOLADEX
Q. Is goserelin chemotherapy?
Goserelin is a chemotherapeutic agent used in the treatment of hormone-sensitive cancers of the breast (in pre- and peri- menopausal women) and prostate, and some benign gynecological disorders (endometriosis, uterine fibroids and endometrial thinning). In addition, it is used in assisted reproduction and in the treatment of precocious puberty
Q. What is goserelin implant?
Goserelin implants contain the active ingredient goserelin acetate and are injected under the surface of the skin on the stomach
Q. How long can I take zoladex for?
It is given once or multiple times as required. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug
Q. Can I take paracetamol/ibuprofen/noethisterone with zoladex?
Yes you can take paracetamol/ibuprofen/noethisterone with zoladex.