Information about Goserelin acetate
Goserelin acetate uses
Goserelin acetate is used in the treatment of prostate cancer, breast cancer, endometriosis, uterine fibroids and female infertility. It is also used to reduce the thickness of the endometrium of the uterus in preparation for surgery.
How goserelin acetate works
Goserelin acetate is a hormone similar to the one produced by a hypothalmus gland in the brain. It works by decreasing the blood levels of testosterone in males.
Common side effects of goserelin acetate
Hot flashes, Increased sweating, Decreased libido
Available Medicine for Goserelin acetate
- ₹9754 to ₹28890AstraZeneca2 variant(s)
- ₹8571Bharat Serums & Vaccines Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Goserelin acetate
- Goserelin acetate is used for the treatment of prostate cancer in men and for breast cancer, endometriosis, and uterine fibroids in women.
- It may also be used along with other medicines to treat infertility in women.
- It is a prefilled syringe that is injected under the skin of the abdomen, every 28 days.
- It may cause a reduction in bone mineral density and weakened bones. Your doctor may prescribe other medicines to reduce bone loss.
- Inform your doctor if you start to feel depressed or have disturbing thoughts or feelings during treatment with this medicine.
- Vaginal bleeding may occur in the first month after starting treatment and usually stops on its own. Inform your doctor if bleeding continues.
Frequently asked questions for Goserelin acetate
Q. Is Goserelin acetate chemotherapy?
Goserelin acetate is a chemotherapeutic agent used in the treatment of hormone-sensitive cancers of the breast (in pre- and peri- menopausal women) and prostate, and some benign gynecological disorders (endometriosis, uterine fibroids and endometrial thinning). In addition, it is used in assisted reproduction and in the treatment of precocious puberty
Q. What is Goserelin acetate implant?
Goserelin acetate implants contain the active ingredient Goserelin acetate acetate and are injected under the surface of the skin on the stomach
Q. How long can I take zoladex for?
It is given once or multiple times as required. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug
Q. Can I take paracetamol/ibuprofen/noethisterone with zoladex?
Yes you can take paracetamol/ibuprofen/noethisterone with zoladex.