Medicine Overview of Xylistin Injection
Uses of Xylistin Injection
Xylistin 4.5MIU Injection is used in the treatment of bacterial infections and Serious bacterial infections.
Side effects of Xylistin Injection
Numbness of tongue, Decreased urination, Allergic reaction, Itching, Application site irritation, Chest tightness, Diarrhoea, Fever, Dizziness, Shortness of breath, Muscle weakness, Stomach upset.
How to use Xylistin Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Xylistin Injection works
Xylistin 4.5miu injection stops the growth of bacteria that cause infections.
In Depth Information on Xylistin Injection
Expert advice for Xylistin Injection
- Consult your doctor if you have any of the following medical conditions: kidney disease, myasthenia gravis (neuromuscular disease characterized by very weak muscles and unusual tiredness), porphyria (a rare blood pigment disorder that affects skin and other organs) or asthma (difficulty in breathing).
- Caution should be taken in premature and new-born babies as the kidneys are not fully developed or in children younger than 10 years of age who have diarrhea or an infection of the stomach or bowel.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery because you may feel sleepy or dizzy while being treated with colistimethate.
- Do not consume alcohol while taking colistimethate as it may worsen the side effects.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Xylistin 4.5MIU Injection
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Xylistin 4.5MIU Injection may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Xylistin 4.5MIU Injection should be used with caution during+more
lactation. Breast feeding should be held until the treatment of the mother is completed and the drug is eliminated from her body....
Xylistin 4.5MIU Injection may make you feel dizzy, drowsy or+more
affect your vision. Do not drive until your vision is clear....
Xylistin 4.5MIU Injection is safe to use in patients with ki+more
dney disease. No dose adjustment of Xylistin 4.5MIU Injection is recommended....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Substitutes for Xylistin Injection
Coly Monas 4.5Million iu Injection
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd