Information about Colistimethate Sodium
Colistimethate Sodium Uses
Colistimethate Sodium is used in the treatment of severe bacterial infections.
How Colistimethate Sodium works
Colistimethate Sodium is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by destroying the bacterial cell membrane.
Common side effects of Colistimethate Sodium
Upset stomach, Dizziness, Paresthesia (tingling or pricking sensation), Vertigo, Rash, Fever
Available Medicine for Colistimethate Sodium
₹1218 to ₹43573 variant(s)
ZolinegSanofi India Ltd
₹1095 to ₹18362 variant(s)
₹767 to ₹21003 variant(s)
GuficolGufic Bioscience Ltd
₹499 to ₹12993 variant(s)
Guficol PlusGufic Bioscience Ltd
₹475 to ₹39994 variant(s)
₹835 to ₹39284 variant(s)
ElistinSamarth Life Sciences Pvt Ltd
₹800 to ₹44503 variant(s)
Acostin ForteSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
ColinemMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Colistimethate Sodium
- Colistimethate Sodium is an antibiotic that is usually only given in the hospital for serious infections.
- It is given by injection or drip (infusion) into a vein usually over 30-60 minutes.
- Finish the prescribed course, even if you start to feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection come back and harder to treat.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Your doctor may get regular blood tests done to monitor the level of the medicine in your blood.