Information about Colistimethate Sodium
Colistimethate sodium uses
Colistimethate Sodium is used in the treatment of severe bacterial infections.
How colistimethate sodium works
Colistimethate Sodium is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by destroying the bacterial cell membrane.
Common side effects of colistimethate sodium
Neurotoxicity, Kidney damage, Injection site reactions (pain, swelling, redness)
Available Medicine for Colistimethate Sodium
- ₹1218 to ₹4358Cipla Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹1095 to ₹1837Sanofi India Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹767 to ₹2100Lupin Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹499 to ₹1299Gufic Bioscience Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹1987Abbott1 variant(s)
- ₹475 to ₹3999Gufic Bioscience Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹835 to ₹3929Biocon4 variant(s)
- ₹800 to ₹1450Samarth Life Sciences Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹1637Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹845Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Colistimethate Sodium
- Colistimethate Sodium is an antibiotic that is usually only given in the hospital for serious infections.
- It is given by injection or drip (infusion) into a vein usually over 30-60 minutes.
- Finish the prescribed course, even if you start to feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection come back and harder to treat.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Your doctor may get regular blood tests done to monitor the level of the medicine in your blood.
Frequently asked questions for Colistimethate Sodium
Q. What if I don't get better after using Colistimethate Sodium?
Inform your doctor if you do not feel better after finishing the full course of treatment. Also, inform him if your symptoms are getting worse while using this medicine.
Q. Can I stop taking Colistimethate Sodium when I feel better?
No, do not stop taking Colistimethate Sodium and complete the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely cured.