Medicine Overview of Womastin Injection
Side Effects of Womastin are Nausea, Vomiting, Anemia (low number of red blood cells), Fatigue, Low blood platelets, Increased liver enzymes, Decreased white blood cell count (neutrophils), Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth), Peripheral sensory neuropathy, Diarrhoea.
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
Womastin 150 mg Injection is an anti-cancer medication. It works by damaging the genetic material (DNA and RNA) of the cancer cells which stops their growth and multiplication.
In Depth Information on Womastin Injection
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of kidney (renal) disorder.
- Kidney and liver function will be monitored during carboplatin treatment.
- Neurological and hearing assessments may be required on regular basis during treatment with high doses of carboplatin.
- It is generally recommended that aluminium containing equipment not be used for delivering carboplatin.
- Concurrent treatment with following medications is not recommended: amino glycoside, vancomycin, capreomycin and diuretics.
- Allergic reactions (like hives; skin rash; itching; reddening of the skin; difficulty breathing or swallowing; dizziness; faintness; or fast heartbeat) may occur during therapy which will be duly managed by your doctor.
- There might be low numbers of platelets or white blood cells during therapy and hence, frequent monitoring of blood cell counts and transfusions of the same may be required.
- Call your doctor immediately if you experience any of the following during the therapy: fever, sore throat, chills, ongoing cough and congestion, or other signs of infection; unusual bleeding or bruising; black and tarry stools; red blood in stools; bloody vomit; vomited material that looks like coffee grounds.
- Women who are planning to become pregnant should use two methods of contraception while on this therapy and 6 months after it.
- Men who are going to use this therapy should not father a child while on this therapy and 6 months after stopping. They should also seek guidance and counselling on sperm conservation before taking this therapy.
Womastin Injection related warnings
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Womastin 150 mg Injection is unsafe to use during pregnancy.
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Womastin 150 mg Injection is unsafe to use during lactation.
Data suggests that the drug may cause toxicity to the baby, or the mother is suffering from a condition in which breastfeeding is not advisable.
Womastin 150 mg Injection may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.
Womastin 150 mg Injection should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Womastin 150 mg Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Use of Womastin 150 mg Injection is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease. Regular monitoring of kidney function tests may be advised while you are taking this medicine.
Womastin 150 mg Injection is probably safe to use in patients with liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Womastin 150 mg Injection may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor.
If you miss a dose of Womastin 150 mg Injection, please consult your doctor.
Frequently asked questions about Womastin Injection
Q. Is Womastin cell cycle specific?
No, Womastin is not a cell cycle specific anticancer medication
Q. Is Womastin FDA approved?
Yes Womastin is an FDA approved drug
Q. Is it a platinum based drug?
Yes carboplatin is a platinum based drug and is effectively used in combination with other drug
Q. Does Womastin cause neuropathy/ hearing loss/ hair loss/ weight gain/ constipation/ leukemia?
Yes Womastin is known to cause side effects like neuropathy, hearing loss, hair loss, weight gain, and constipation. Please inform your doctor about any side-effect that you may observe on taking this drug. Infertility while on therapy may be caused as a side effect of this drug but it may be reverse after stopping the therapy. Yes Womastin may cause leukemia if it is used for a long duration.
Q. Is Womastin a generic?
Yes, Womastin is a generic platinum-based compound
Q. Is Womastin vesicant/cardio-toxic/ anthracycline?
No Womastin is not cardio-toxic/ anthracycline/vesicant
Q. Is Womastin used for breast cancer?
It is used to treat advanced stage breast cancer
Q. Is Womastin available in pill form?
No Womastin is not available in pill form
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Womastin 150mg Injection: MPC, SDM, BHM, IMC, RPP, TRP, PTP, NDP, CRN, PRL, 9MM, IPL, SRG, BIO, AVS, OBS, QTM, BHA, BDI, NTB, LMS, DHR, HAT, BBN, SVH, SSI, XMX, STS, ENP, BNA, NVY, RGH, RKS, TFP, SJP, BAL, DVH, CPK, NNP, AVB, SCH, KHD, HBV, UVD, MAP, SVS, AYN, GBL, BLE, SNG, SCP, RWP, VSL, THP, TAT, OWP, MLC, ABP, MSD, SLN, GHR, HMP, WHL, DLP, MMS, EAN, GMA, SAF, NNH, GPP, SBA, HLT, ZPR, HTS, UHP, APS, VTR, DPP, DRA, AFT, JHC, SNH, RUS, DYG, RSS, AMH, HNP, FRM, ATP, PRN, GLD, BDN, PRT, HZF, AVL, BSN, SHD, YMI, ZEL, VHP, 1MH, ASP, SGH, BLS, LCC, NTL, CHP, MDO, VDH, NVL, GNC, BRC, INC, KLC, PRC, KHC, SWP, NXG, MKS, DAO, JSL, STA, RHL, DFP, CLT, BGS, CMC, KIS, SGC, ARD, KHH, JJE, BTM, PTI, NSL, BJP, JVO, NAS, LHA, SWA, VSC, AGT, AAY, WPL, DPL, JIV, MDH, RAC, EEC, ADT, BAP, IAD, WAD, BHP, AXM, AYM, EPS, RDH, BBS, SSA, BMJ, AYU, HGI, RPI, PWN, TNH, BNT, GLM, SYN, PHN, HSM, MBP, SMS, HPP, GPT, HIP, TSS, RSA, PLT, AMR, SDE, VNS, ALC, MAK, KNH, VJS, MKT, AAR, DZY, AWS, MAM, HCP, PHC, GDA, ATL, BLP, ANT, GTK, UMP, USF, HEX, ESY, JBT, OHM, SMN, PPR, RDR, RHW, PNT, OIP, SWT, ZVP, 4IT, OLT, HPC, TOM, DHP, EQN, MAX, GEO, SHC, VRS, DGN, NEO, QLF, VOP, SPD, EMB, HSP, SBL, PVP, WSI, FGH, BHS, JVN, LHP, ANP, PMA, DYL, GTC, KMC