food interaction for TROMIDE PLUS
alcohol interaction for TROMIDE PLUS
pregnancy interaction for TROMIDE PLUS
lactation interaction for TROMIDE PLUS
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for TROMIDE PLUS
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for TROMIDE PLUS
- TROPIFRIN 5%/0.8% EYE DROPS(3 ML eye drop in packet)Jawa Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 20.54/ML of eye dropRs. 61.63pay 114% more per ML of eye drop
- OPTIMIDE PLUS 5%/0.8% EYE DROPS(5 ML eye drop in packet)Micro Labs LtdRs. 14.72/ML of eye dropRs. 73.62pay 53% more per ML of eye drop
- TRIOCYL EYE DROP(3 ML eye drop in packet)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 10.18/ML of eye dropRs. 30.55pay 6% more per ML of eye drop
- OPULUS 5%/0.8% EYE DROPS(5 ML eye drop in packet)Sapient Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 8.80/ML of eye dropRs. 44save 8% more per ML of eye drop
- APPAMIDE PLUS 5%/0.8% EYE DROPS(5 ML eye drop in packet)Appasamy Ocular Device Pvt LtdRs. 10.80/ML of eye dropRs. 54pay 13% more per ML of eye drop
- Dr. Sanjay VermaMBBS, MS
- Dr. Anita SethiMBBS, MD, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. Dheeraj GuptaMBBS, MS, Fellowship
- Dr. Ira ChopraMBBS, MS
- Dr. Ajay SharmaMBBS, MS
Expert advice for TROMIDE PLUS
- Oral phenylephrine should be taken with food
- Phenylephrine can make you restless, so don't take it too close to bedtime
- Do not use this medicine without doctor's advice if you are pregnant or breast feeding
- Smoking may worsen the effect; therefore use of tobacco should be avoided.
Frequently asked questions for TROMIDE PLUS
Q.Is phenylephrine an antibiotic/a stimulant/an NSAID/ does phenylephrine work/ does phenylephrine makes your nose run/ does phenylephrine has aspirin in it?
Phenylephrine is not an antibiotic, stimulant, NSAID, but a decongestant and is used to relieve blocked nose. Phenylephrine works for most of the patients if taken as recommended. It does not have aspirin in it
Q.Can i take phenylephrine with ibuprofen/pseudoephedrine/citalopram/Nyquil/ acetaminophen/ dextromethorphan/ Zyrtec/ Flonase/ Advil?
Drug interaction with any of the above mentioned drugs is not documented, but it can occur. Always follow your doctor’s advice before taking any medicine with phenylephrine
Q.Can i take phenylephrine with high blood pressure?
Do not take phenylephrine with high blood pressure
Q.Is phenylephrine the same as Sudafed?
No, phenylephrine is not same as Sudafed which contains pseudoephedrine.
Q.What is tropicamide used for?
Tropicamide is used to enlarge (dilate) the pupil of the eye (topical mydriatic) as well as for temporary paralysis of the eye (cycloplegia) for easy examination of different parts of the eye like the lens, vitreous humor, retina etc. by a doctor or eye specialist
Q.How does tropicamide work?
Tropicamide, belongs to a class of medication called antimuscarinics. It blocks the activity of the acetyl choline receptor, thus stopping the transmission of nerve impulses. This in turn leads to dilation as well temporary paralysis of the eye
Q.Why does tropicamide sting?
Tropicamide has mild stinging as a well-known side effect
Q.How quickly does tropicamide work?
Tropicamide is known to work usually within half an hour of using it.