Substitutes for TRESIBA
No substitutes found for this medicine
Medicine Overview of TRESIBA DISPOSABLE PEN
Side effects of TRESIBA DISPOSABLE PEN
Hypoglycemia (Low blood sugar level), Injection site allergic reaction.
How to use TRESIBA DISPOSABLE PEN
Your doctor or nurse will use this device to give medicine. You or your care giver may be taught on how to use this device at home.
How TRESIBA DISPOSABLE PEN works
Tresiba flextouch is a long-acting insulin, keeps working for 24 hours after injection. It works similar to insulin produced by the body. Insulin facilitates reuptake of glucose in muscle and fat cell and also block the release of glucose from the liver.
In Depth Information on TRESIBA DISPOSABLE PEN
Expert advice for TRESIBA DISPOSABLE PEN
- Stop using insulin degludec if you experience any allergic reactions such as redness, swelling, rash and itching at the injection site, rash, itching or hives on the skin, wheezing or difficulty breathing, swelling of the face, lips, tongue or other parts of the body
- Do not use insulin degludec if you are experiencing low blood sugar levels (hypoglycemia) as seen by symptoms such as cold sweat; cool pale skin, headache, rapid heartbeat, feeling sick, feeling very hungry, temporary changes in vision, drowsiness, unusual tiredness and weakness; nervousness or tremor, feeling anxious, feeling confused, difficulty in concentrating.Avoid using insulin degludec if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant; breast-feeding
- Do not take insulin degludec if you are suffering from kidney or liver problems; ever had nerve damage caused by your diabetes
- Avoid drinking alcohol while taking insulin degludec
- Take special precaution while taking insulin degludec if you do not eat regular meals, or you exercise a lot; or if you are feeling weak or ill.
- Insulin degludec preparations are meant to be injected under the layer of skin. Do not inject it into a vein or a muscle. The angle of injection is critical; consult your doctor before first use to learn the injection technique.
- Insulin degludec preparation must not be injected intravenously or intramuscularly. They should not be used in infusion pumps.
- Injection sites must be rotated between upper arm (deltoid), abdominal, buttocks and thigh area from one injection to the next, such that each site of prick is used not more than once in 1 to 2 weeks; this is to reduce the skin changes at injection site.
- Do not use if insulin degludec preparations is no longer clear and colorless or if it contains particles
- Hypoglycemia may occur if the insulin dose is too high in relation to the insulin requirement. Always check your blood sugar levels at regular intervals
- If you experience any symptoms of hypoglycemia (such as cold sweat; cool pale skin, headache, rapid heartbeat, feeling sick, feeling very hungry, temporary changes in vision, drowsiness, unusual tiredness and weakness; nervousness or tremor, feeling anxious, feeling confused, difficulty in concentrating) you need to raise your blood sugar immediately by eating sugars or carbohydrates.
- Precaution must be taken while driving or handling machines as your ability to concentrate or react may be reduced if you suffer from low/high blood sugar levels or you have problems with your sight.
Special precautions for TRESIBA FLEXTOUCH
Taking Insulin Degludec with alcohol may affect blood glucose levels in patients with diabetes.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Tresiba flextouch may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Tresiba flextouch is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Please consult your doctor.
There is no interaction between renal impairment and consumi+more
ng this drug. So dose alteration is not needed....
There is no interaction between liver impairment and consumi+more
ng this drug. So dose alteration is not needed....
Severely interacts with other drugs like
ELDAPRIL 10MG TABLET, PREVENTOPRIL 5MG TABLET, RAMIPRES 1.25MG TABLET, DILVAS 2.5MG TABLET
Frequently asked questions for TRESIBA 100IU DISPOSABLE PEN
Frequently asked questions for Insulin Degludec
Q. What is insulin degludec?
Insulin degludec is long-acting basal insulin
Q. How does insulin degludec work?
Insulin degludec binds (attaches) to the human insulin receptor and performs effects actions same as human insulin. It promotes the uptake and utilization of sugar (glucose) in the body. It also stops the liver from producing more sugar. After the injection of insulin degludec multi-hexamers of insulin degludec are formed which act as store house (depots) from which small amounts of insulin degludec are continuously.
User Submitted Feedback For TRESIBA 100IU DISPOSABLE PEN
Patients taking TRESIBA FLEXTOUCH
Once A Day
Twice A Day
Thrice A week
How effective is this medicine?
Do you find this medicine expensive?