Information about Insulin Degludec
Insulin degludec uses
How insulin degludec works
Insulin degludec is a long-acting insulin that provides consistent, all-day sugar control. It works like your body's natural insulin. Insulin facilitates reuptake of sugar in muscle and fat cells and also suppresses the production of sugar in the liver.
Common side effects of insulin degludec
Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level), Injection site allergic reaction
Available Medicine for Insulin Degludec
- ₹1850Novo Nordisk India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Insulin Degludec
- Insulin Degludec helps to control blood glucose level and avoids long-term complications.
- You should continue to exercise regularly, eat a healthy diet, and take your other diabetes medicines along with Insulin Degludec.
- Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) is a common side-effect; learn how to identify and manage its symptoms (sweating, rapid heartbeat, weakness, blurry vision, headache) and teach your family as well.
- Injection sites must be rotated to prevent hard lumps from developing at one site.
- Injection below the skin of the abdomen results in faster absorption than other injection sites.
- Opened vials/cartridge are good at room temperature for up to 4 weeks, while unopened vials must be placed in the refrigerator (2°C–8°C).
- Do not use if the preparation is no longer clear and colourless, or if it contains particles.
Frequently asked questions for Insulin Degludec
Q. What is Insulin Degludec?
Insulin Degludec is long-acting basal insulin
Q. How does Insulin Degludec work?
Insulin Degludec binds (attaches) to the human insulin receptor and performs effects actions same as human insulin. It promotes the uptake and utilization of sugar (glucose) in the body. It also stops the liver from producing more sugar. After the injection of Insulin Degludec multi-hexamers of Insulin Degludec are formed which act as store house (depots) from which small amounts of Insulin Degludec are continuously.