Medicine Overview of Tobram F Eye Drop
Uses of Tobramycin
Side effects of Tobramycin
Nausea, Noisy breathing, Oral fungal infection, Rash, Thoracic pain, Chest pain, Chest tightness, Shortness of breath, Cough, Dizziness, Dry eye, Gastric pain, Fungal infection, Headache, Hearing loss, Coughing up blood, Liver toxicity, Hoarseness of voice, Increased saliva production, Loss of appetite, Mouth ulcer, Tongue ulcer, Ringing in ear, Sore throat, Weakness, Increased sputum production.
How to use Tobramycin
How Tobram F Eye Drop works
Side effects of Fluorometholone
Electrolyte imbalance, Redistribution/accumulation of body fat, Bone degradation, Increased risk of infection, Muscle disorders, Increased blood pressure, Altered bone growth, Skin scar, Dilation of the pupil of the eye, Behavioural changes, Cataract, Increased glucose level in blood.
How to use Fluorometholone
How Tobram F Eye Drop works
In Depth Information on Tobram F Eye Drop
Expert advice for Tobramycin
- Do not use tobramycin if you are allergic to it or any other component in the formulation.
- Driving and using machinery should be avoided in cases where tobramycin usage causes dizziness or eye drops cause blurring of vision.
- Do not mix or dilute your tobramycin with any other medicine in your nebulizer.
- If you are taking several different treatments for cystic fibrosis, you should take them in the following order: bronchodilator (e.g. salbutamol), then chest physiotherapy, followed by inhaled medicines, and then tobramycin.
- Do not use contact lenses when on treatment with tobramycin eye drops.
- If you are using more than one eye drop, keep a gap of at least 5-10 minutes between two different eye drops.
- Doctor’s advice should be considered in case of patients with following history of disease conditions: neuromuscular disorders such as parkinsonism, myasthenia gravis (characterized by movement disorders and/or muscle weakness); coughing up blood in your sputum; kidney problem.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever experienced in the past: ringing in ears, any other problems with hearing, dizziness while taking tobramycin.
Expert advice for Fluorometholone
- Do not take eye drops containing corticosteroids such as fluorometholone for longer than a week unless advised and supervised by a specialist doctor.
- Consult your doctor before discontinuing fluorometholone treatment.
- Do not use fluorometholone eye drops while you are wearing contact lenses. Do not use contact lenses for at least 10-15 minutes after using fluorometholone in the eye.
- Temporary blurred vision or other visual disturbances may affect the ability to drive or use machines. If blurred vision occurs at instillation of fluorometholone eye drops, wait until the vision clears before driving or using machinery.
- If you are concomitantly using other eye drops or eye ointment medicines with fluorometholone, leave at least 5 minutes between each medicine.
- Avoid using fluorometholone, if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
To reduce the amount of Tobram F Eye Drop that reaches the breastmilk, place pressure over the corner of the eye for 1 minute or more, then remove the excess solution with an absorbent tissue.