Tobramycin + Fluorometholone
Information about Tobramycin + Fluorometholone
Tobramycin + Fluorometholone Uses
Tobramycin+Fluorometholone is used in the treatment of bacterial eye infections.
How Tobramycin + Fluorometholone works
Tobramycin + Fluorometholone is a combination of two medicines: Tobramycin and Fluorometholone. Tobramycin is an antibiotic. It stops bacterial growth by preventing the synthesis of essential proteins required by bacteria to carry out vital functions. Fluorometholone is a steroid which blocks the production of certain chemical messengers (prostaglandins) that make the affected area red, swollen and itchy.
Common side effects of Tobramycin + Fluorometholone
Eye irritation, Eye discomfort
Available Medicine for Tobramycin + Fluorometholone
FML TAllergan India Pvt Ltd
Tobastar FMankind Pharma Ltd
Toba FSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Flurisone TMicro Labs Ltd
Tocin-FOptho Life Sciences Pvt Ltd
Tobracid FEntod Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Nebracin FSunways India Pvt Ltd
Obra FSyntho Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Tobramycin + Fluorometholone
- Tobramycin + Fluorometholone is used for the treatment of bacterial skin infections.
- It should be applied to the affected areas as a thin film, two or three times daily, or as advised by your doctor.
- Do not use it more often or for longer than advised by your doctor.
- Do not apply it to broken skin and avoid getting it in your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Do not cover the area being treated with airtight dressings such as bandages unless directed by a doctor, as this may increase the risk of side effects.
- It may cause temporary burning, itching or a redness at application site. This is usually mild. Consult your doctor if you experience a more severe reaction.
- Inform your doctor if your skin problem hasn't improved after seven days of treatment.