food interaction for TICOBACT
alcohol interaction for TICOBACT
pregnancy interaction for TICOBACT
lactation interaction for TICOBACT
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for TICOBACT
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for TICOBACT
- TARGOCID 400 MG INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Sanofi India LtdRs. 1910/ML of injectionRs. 1910pay 1304% more per ML of injection
- TICOCIN 400 MG INJECTION(10 ML injection in vial)Cipla LtdRs. 139.35/ML of injectionRs. 1393.50pay 2% more per ML of injection
- TROYPLANIN 400MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Troikaa Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 1238.10/injectionRs. 1238.10pay 810% more per injection
- T PLANIN 400MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Glenmark Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 766.50/ML of injectionRs. 1533pay 464% more per ML of injection
- TEICOBIOTIC 400 MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Neon Laboratories LtdRs. 681.25/injectionRs. 681.25pay 401% more per injection
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
Expert advice for TICOBACT
- Do not take teicoplanin if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to vancomycin, teicoplanin or any of the other ingredients of teicoplanin formulation.
- Do not take teicoplanin if you have red man syndrome; low platelet count in the blood (thrombocytopenia); kidney problem.
- Avoid using teicoplanin if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- Do not drive or operate machinery after taking teicoplanin because you may feel drowsy.
- Do the blood tests for complete blood cell count at regular intervals.
- Do not prolong the use of teicoplanin.
Frequently asked questions for TICOBACT
Q.Is teicoplanin a penicillin or does it contain penicillin?
No, teicoplanin is not penicillin and it does not contain penicillin
Q.Is teicoplanin nephrotoxic?
It is nephrotoxic in patients with kidney problem and in those receiving teicoplanin concurrently with other medicinal products having nephrotoxic potential (eg. aminoglycosides, cisplatin).Patient should follow the advice of doctor regarding its use
Q.Is teicoplanin safe in penicillin allergy?
Yes, it is safe in penicillin allergy
Q.What is teicoplanin used for?
Teicoplanin is used to treat infections of skin and soft tissues, bones and joints, lung (pneumonia), urinary tract, inner layer of the heart called endocardium, peritonitis associated with continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis (CAPD). Teicoplanin is also used as an alternative oral treatment for Clostridium difficile infection-associated diarrhea and colitis
Q.How does teicoplanin work?
It is antibacterial medicine and works by killing the bacteria that causes infections.