food interaction for TAKCHLOR(PHA)
alcohol interaction for TAKCHLOR(PHA)
pregnancy interaction for TAKCHLOR(PHA)
lactation interaction for TAKCHLOR(PHA)
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for TAKCHLOR(PHA)
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for TAKCHLOR(PHA)No substitutes found
- Dr. Sanjay VermaMBBS, MS
- Dr. Anita SethiMBBS, MD, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. Vandana SarohaMBBS, MS, Fellowship
- Dr. Prem VardhanMBBS, MS, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Reema DasMBBS, Diploma, MS
Expert advice for TAKCHLOR(PHA)
- The injectable form of this drug is given only to hospitalized patients and under medical supervision.
- You may get diarrhea after taking the injection. This usually settles as the course id completed. Consult your doctor if the diarrhea persists or worsens.
- Consult your doctor if you get watery or bloody stools after completing the course.
- Do not take polymyxin B if you are allergic to polymyxin B or any of the other ingredients of the drops or ointment.
- Do baseline kidney function test before starting the medicine.
- Consult your doctor before taking polymyxin B eye ointment/ drops: If you are taking herbal drugs or eye drops. If you are applying any non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) or steroids. If you wear contact lenses. If you have thinning of the eye tissue. If you have diabetes.
- Women who are pregnant or breast feeding should consult the doctor on taking this medication.
- Eye pressure should be regularly checked in patients taking the eye ointment /drops especially in children.
- Do not drive or use machines immediately after using the drops/ointment as it may cause blurred vision.
- If you wear contact lenses, then remove them before applying the drops/ointment and wear them only after 15 min.
Frequently asked questions for TAKCHLOR(PHA)
Q.Is polymyxin B an antibiotic/sulpha drug/penicillin?
Polymyxin B belongs to a class of medication called antibiotics. It is not a sulpha drug/penicillin
Q.Is polymyxin B bacteriostatic or bacteriocidal?
Polymyxin B is bactericidal i.e. it kills bacteria
Q.Does Polymyxin B expire?
Polymyxin B does expire and should not be used beyond the expiry date
Q.Does polymyxin B treat pink eye or conjunctivitis?
Polymyxin B is not used to treat pink eye or conjunctivitis
Q.Does it treat sties?
It is not used for the treatment of sties in the eyes
Q.Is polymyxin B safe for infants?
It is not considered to be safe for infants.
Q.Is chloramphenicol bacteriostatic or bactericidal/ an antibiotic/does it contains penicillin/ does it contain steroids/ treat styes?
Chloramphenicol is an antibiotic and exerts both bactericidal and bacteriostatic against wide variety of gram positive and gram negative bacteria including E.coli. No, it does not contain penicillin or steroids
Q.Is chloramphenicol safe/ do chloramphenicol cause aplastic anemia/ safe for babies?
Chloramphenicol is safe at recommended dose and duration; however, in some cases it has led to rare side effects such as aplastic anemia. Chloramphenicol should not be used in children under 2 years of age and used be with extreme caution in children above 2 years of age especially who have diarrhea or a stomach or bowel infection
Q.Does chloramphenicol sting/ does chloramphenicol cause dry eyes?
Chloramphenicol eye drops/ ointment may cause transient burning or stinging sensation. It does not cause but should be used with extreme precaution in patients with dry eye syndrome
Q.Can i take paracetamol with chloramphenicol?
Chloramphenicol is not known to have any drug interactions with paracetamol, however, it should be taken together as per doctor's advice
Q.Is chloromycetin a penicillin/ an antibiotic/ with the formula/ chloromycetin is a drug for which disease?
Chloramphenicol is a brand name for chloramphenicol. It is not penicillin. It is an antibiotic with the formula C11H12Cl2N2O5. It used in the treatment of serious infections in different parts of the body caused by bacteria by killing or preventing their growth
Q.Is chloromycetin over the counter/ is obtained from?
No, it is available only with your doctor's prescription
Q.Is chloramphenicol and tetracycline similar?
Chloramphenicol and tetracycline belongs to same category of drugs with similar action, but their effect may vary upon individual response
Q.Is Chloromycetin the same as chlorsig?
Both Chloromycetin and chlorsig contains chloramphenicol. Chlorsig is available as eye drop or ointment and Chloromycetin is an oral formulation.