food interaction for T CEF
alcohol interaction for T CEF
pregnancy interaction for T CEF
lactation interaction for T CEF
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for T CEF
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for T CEF
- CEDRO CF 200MG DRY SYRUP(30 ML dry syrup in bottle)Rekvina Laboratories LtdRs. 1.52/ML of dry syrupRs. 45.71save 43% more per ML of dry syrup
- EMIX KID 200MG DRY SYRUP(30 ML dry syrup in bottle)Pharma FabrikonRs. 1.25/ML of dry syrupRs. 37.50save 53% more per ML of dry syrup
- ATHFIX 200MG DRY SYRUP(30 ML dry syrup in bottle)Athens Labs LtdRs. 1.46/ML of dry syrupRs. 43.70save 45% more per ML of dry syrup
- CEFIFURT 200MG DRY SYRUP(30 ML dry syrup in bottle)Frankfurt Pharma Pvt LtdRs. 1.65/ML of dry syrupRs. 49.50save 38% more per ML of dry syrup
- CEFSTAT 200 MG DRY SYRUP(30 ML dry syrup in bottle)Kaiser Drugs Pvt LtdRs. 1.45/ML of dry syrupRs. 43.52save 46% more per ML of dry syrup
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for T CEF
- Take caution when taking the medicine if you have liver or kidney disease or history of anemia.
- Take the tablets whole with a glass of water with or without food or milk. Do not crush or chew the tablets.
- The medicine works best if taken with meal or within 30 minutes of a meal.
- Talk to your doctor if you have kidney problems, inflammation of colon (colitis) or if you are taking medicines to thin the blood (e.g. warfarin).
- Do not take cefixime if you are allergic to it or to any type of cephalosporin or penicillin drugs.
- Do not take cefexime if you have allergic reaction (rash, swallowing or breathing problems, swelling of lips, face, tongue and throat).
- Do not give cefixime to a child less than 6 months of age.
Frequently asked questions for T CEF
Q.What is cefexime and what is it used for?
Cefexime (also available as Topcef/ Taxem/ Mahacef/ Zifi/ Suprax) is a cephalosporin antibiotic used for a variety of infections of the throat, chest and urinary tract and infections like typhoid or gonorrhea
Q.Is cefixime same as penicillin?
It is not penicillin
Q.Does it contain sulfur?
It does not contain sulfur
Q.Does cefexime affect birth control?
There is no evidence of cefexime affecting contraception. Please consult your doctor to confirm whether you require a secondary birth control measure while taking levofloxacin.