food interaction for STUGIL
alcohol interaction for STUGIL
pregnancy interaction for STUGIL
lactation interaction for STUGIL
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for STUGIL
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for STUGIL
- STUGIL TABLET(6 tablets in strip)Janssen PharmaceuticalsRs. 12.67/tabletRs. 76pay 6% more per tablet
- VERTIDOM 15 MG/20 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Geno Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 6.62/tabletRs. 66.25save 45% more per tablet
- STEDIDOM 15 MG/20 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Morepen Laboratories LtdRs. 5.13/tabletRs. 51.30save 57% more per tablet
- CINDOM 15MG/20MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Tas Med India Pvt LtdRs. 6.60/tabletRs. 66save 45% more per tablet
- DOMGIL 15 MG/20 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Kinedex Healthcare Pvt LtdRs. 6/tabletRs. 60save 50% more per tablet
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
Expert advice for STUGIL
- Do not take Domperidone, if you are allergic to it or to any other content in the tablets.
- Do not take the medicine, if you notice black, tarry stools (bowel motions) or blood in your stools, blockage or tear in the intestines or if you have a tumor of the pituitary gland (prolactinoma).
- Do not take the drug, if you have moderate to severe liver disease, heart problems (irregular heart rate or heart failure) or abnormal salt levels in the blood.
- Do not crush or chew the tablets, swallow them whole with a glass of water.
- Do not take the drug if you intend to drive or operate heavy machinery as it may cause drowsiness.
- Always take the tablets 15 to 30 minutes before meals and, if needed, before going to bed at night.
- Consult your doctor, if you are above 60 years of age and taking domperidone for a long period of time.
- Inform your doctor, if you are already taking medicines for fungal infections (ketoconazole) or antibiotics (e.g. gentamycin, erythromycin).
Frequently asked questions for STUGIL
Q.What is Domperidone/ domstal used for and how long can I take it?
Domperidone (also known as domstal) is used for the treatment of short-term (upto 48 hours) and long-term (upto 2 weeks) problems of nausea, vomiting, belching, gas, heartburn and bloating (not to be confused as laxative, steroid or antacid). Always take the drug exactly as your doctor has told you to
Q.Is domperidone an over the counter drug?
No, domperidone is not an OTC drug and it is not advisable to take it without a prescription
Q.Can I take domperidone with citalopram?
Domperidone may increase the sedative effect of citalopram and may interact with other drugs like antibiotics, pain-killers or anti-fungals. Consult your doctor if you are taking any of these medicines
Q.Does domperidone cause weight-gain?
No. Domperidone does not cause weight-gain. If you notice an abnormal weight-gain, visit your doctor
Q.Does domperidone raise the blood pressure or cause depression?
These effects are generally not seen with use of domperidone. But if you are experiencing these side effects, please consult your doctor.
Q.Is cinnarizine FDA approved?
No, it is not FDA approved
Q.Is cinnarizine short acting/ calcium channel blocker/ steroid?
Cinnarizine is a long acting antihistamines and a calcium channel blocker. It is not a steroid. Your doctor may prescribe cinnarizine for motion sickness during long journey
Q.Is Stugeron available over the counter?
It is available with doctor's prescription only
Q.Cinnarizine/Stugil/Stugeron is used for/ good for sea sickness/ for vertigo/nausea?
It is used for vertigo and nausea due to motion sickness and disorders of the inner ear that may affect balance. It is also used for other balance disorders such as Meniere's disease
Q.How long can I take Stugeron for?
Patient can take this drug for prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Can I take cinnarizine/Stugeron with betahistine/paracetamol/ibuprofen/citalopram/warfarin/ diazepam/antibiotics/bisoprolol?
No, taking other medicines may alter the effects of cinnarizine. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
Q.Does cinnarizine/Stugeron 15 works?
It works at the prescribed dose and duration for the treatment of motion sickness, disorders of the inner ear that may affect balance and other balance disorders such as Meniere's disease as advised by your doctor
Q.Does cinnarizine or Stugeron cause dizziness/make you drowsy/ cause weight gain?
Yes, it may cause dizziness or make you drowsy. Cinnarizine causing weight gain is very rare Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q.How long does cinnarizine/Stugeron take to work?
Patient can take this drug two hours before starting their journey. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.