food interaction for STUGERON PLUS
alcohol interaction for STUGERON PLUS
pregnancy interaction for STUGERON PLUS
lactation interaction for STUGERON PLUS
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for STUGERON PLUS
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for STUGERON PLUS TABLET
Patients taking STUGERON PLUS TABLET
- 76%Twice A Day
- 19%Once A Day
- 5%Thrice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for STUGERON PLUS
- VERTIZAC 20 MG/40 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Ajanta Pharma LtdRs. 7.55/tabletRs. 75.50save 16% more per tablet
- DIZITAC 20 MG/40 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 7.50/tabletRs. 75save 17% more per tablet
- SPINFREE 20 MG/40 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 7.50/tabletRs. 75save 17% more per tablet
- VOMIVERT 20 MG/40 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Mankind Pharma LtdRs. 5.50/tabletRs. 55save 39% more per tablet
- DIZILIV 20 MG/40 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Icon Life SciencesRs. 6/tabletRs. 60save 33% more per tablet
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for STUGERON PLUS
- Take the tablets after food to reduce the risk of stomach upset.
- Do not start or continue the cinnarizine tablets if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to cinnarizine.
- Stop taking this medicine 4 days before having any allergy test.
- Consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines that make you sleepy or feel drowsy or medicines like tricyclic antidepressants.
- Do not drive or operate machinery after taking cinnarizine because you may feel drowsy.
Frequently asked questions for STUGERON PLUS
Q.Is cinnarizine FDA approved?
No, it is not FDA approved
Q.Is cinnarizine short acting/ calcium channel blocker/ steroid?
Cinnarizine is a long acting antihistamines and a calcium channel blocker. It is not a steroid. Your doctor may prescribe cinnarizine for motion sickness during long journey
Q.Is Stugeron available over the counter?
It is available with doctor's prescription only
Q.Cinnarizine/Stugil/Stugeron is used for/ good for sea sickness/ for vertigo/nausea?
It is used for vertigo and nausea due to motion sickness and disorders of the inner ear that may affect balance. It is also used for other balance disorders such as Meniere's disease
Q.How long can I take Stugeron for?
Patient can take this drug for prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Can I take cinnarizine/Stugeron with betahistine/paracetamol/ibuprofen/citalopram/warfarin/ diazepam/antibiotics/bisoprolol?
No, taking other medicines may alter the effects of cinnarizine. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
Q.Does cinnarizine/Stugeron 15 works?
It works at the prescribed dose and duration for the treatment of motion sickness, disorders of the inner ear that may affect balance and other balance disorders such as Meniere's disease as advised by your doctor
Q.Does cinnarizine or Stugeron cause dizziness/make you drowsy/ cause weight gain?
Yes, it may cause dizziness or make you drowsy. Cinnarizine causing weight gain is very rare Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q.How long does cinnarizine/Stugeron take to work?
Patient can take this drug two hours before starting their journey. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.
Q.Is dimenhydrinate an antihistamine?
Yes, dimenhydrinate is an antihistamine
Q.Is dimenhydrinate the same as meclizine/diphenhydramine/Dramamine/Gravol?
Dimenhydrinate (Trade name: Dramamine/Gravol) is different from meclizine/diphenhydramine but having similar action to these drugs
Q.Is dimenhydrinate safe?
Dimenhydrinate is safe if used at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q.Is dimenhydrinate addictive?
Dimenhydrinate is not addictive if used at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q.Can you take dimenhydrinate with Cymbalta?
No, Cymbalta contains the drug duloxetine. It may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty in concentration. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q.Does dimenhydrinate cause drowsiness /make you drowsy/sleepy/tired?
Dimenhydrinate may cause these side effects. However consult your doctor if you experience such side effects
Q.Does dimenhydrinate potentiate opiates?
Yes, dimenhydrinate potentiates opiates and increases the sedative effects
Q.Does dimenhydrinate contain aspirin?
No, dimenhydrinate does not contain aspirin.