Medicine Overview of Strantas Prefilled Syringe
Uses of Strantas Prefilled Syringe
Strantas 250mg Prefilled Syringe is used in the treatment of Breast cancer.
Side effects of Strantas Prefilled Syringe
Headache, Vomiting, Weakness, Allergic reaction, Nausea, Injection site reaction, Increased liver enzymes, Urinary tract infection, Diarrhoea.
How to use Strantas Prefilled Syringe
Your doctor or nurse will use this device to give medicine. You or your care giver may be taught on how to use this device at home.
How Strantas Prefilled Syringe works
Strantas 250mg prefilled syringe blocks the action of estrogen on breast cancer cells. This can lower or stop the growth of some breast cancer cells that need estrogen to grow.
In Depth Information on Strantas Prefilled Syringe
Expert advice for Strantas Prefilled Syringe
- Fulvestrant should only be taken by women who have undergone menopause and cannot become pregnant.
- Fulvestrant should be used with caution if you have kidney/liver problems.
- Inform your doctor if you have any bleeding disorder, decreased platelet count, or are receiving blood-thinning medication (for example, warfarin), as fulvestrant when administered in the muscles of the buttock carries a risk of bleeding.
- There is a potential risk of thinning or weakening of the bone (osteoporosis) with fulvestrant use. If you experience any such effects, inform your doctor immediately.
- Fulvestrant use may lead to asthenia (lack or loss of strength and energy). If you experience such symptoms, avoid driving or operating machines.
Special precautions for Strantas 250mg Prefilled Syringe
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Strantas 250mg Prefilled Syringe is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Strantas 250mg Prefilled Syringe is probably safe to use du+more
ring lactation. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Strantas 250mg Prefilled Syringe does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Strantas 250mg Prefilled Syringe is safe to use in patients+more
with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Strantas 250mg Prefilled Syringe is recommended....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
If you miss a dose of Fulvestrant, please consult your doctor.
Frequently asked questions for Strantas 250mg Prefilled Syringe
Frequently asked questions for Fulvestrant
No, Strantas belongs to group of medication called as estrogen receptor antagonists. It is a chemotherapeutic drug used for the treatment of breast cancer in women who have attained menopause
Strantas is used in the treatment of breast cancer which has spread locally or to other parts of the body, in women who have attained menopause, and have not responded well to treatment with antiestrogen medications
Strantas is administered by in the muscles of the buttocks, one injection on each side, once a month; this is followed by similar doses at intervals of 2 weeks
Strantas has not been reported to cause hair loss.