food interaction for SOMIFIZ L
alcohol interaction for SOMIFIZ L
pregnancy interaction for SOMIFIZ L
lactation interaction for SOMIFIZ L
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for SOMIFIZ L
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for SOMIFIZ L
- SOMPRAZ L CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 16.90/capsuleRs. 169pay 41% more per capsule
- NEXPRO L CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 18/capsuleRs. 180pay 50% more per capsule
- RACIPER L 75 MG/40 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 17.41/capsuleRs. 174.10pay 45% more per capsule
- ESOZ L 75 MG/40 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Glenmark Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 17.95/capsuleRs. 179.50pay 50% more per capsule
- ESOMAC L 75 MG/40 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 18.70/capsuleRs. 187pay 56% more per capsule
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
Expert advice for SOMIFIZ L
- Do not take this drug if you are allergic to levosulpride.
- Before taking the drug consult your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breast feeding.
- Immediately consult your doctor if you have absence if periods, abnormal milk secretion or changes in sexual desire, fever, muscle stiffness.
- The drug can make you dizzy. Be careful when driving vehicles or operating machines.
Frequently asked questions for SOMIFIZ L
Q.Is levosulpiride safe?
Levosulpiride is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is levosulpiride an antidepressant?
No, it is used in the treatment of gastro-oesophageal reflux disease, irritable bowel syndrome, psychosis, dyspepsia
Q.What is levosulpiride?
Levosulpiride belong to class of medication called as atypical antipsychotics. It acts by decreasing the activity of dopamine in the brain
Q.What are its uses?
Levosulpiride is used in the treatment psychosis, depression, gastro-oesophageal reflux disease, irritable bowel syndrome and dyspepsia
Q.Does levosulpiride cause erectile dysfunction?
No. patients should follow advice of the doctor regarding the possible side effects.
Q.Is esomeprazole an antacid?
Esomeprazole (also known as Esomac, Esoz, Nexium, or Nexpro) is a proton pump inhibitor which decreases the amount of acid produced in the stomach while antacids neutralize the stomach acid and raise the gastric pH
Q.Is esomeprazole available over the counter?
Esomeprazole is available as an over-the-counter medication. However, follow the doctor's advice regarding its use
Q.Is esomeprazole/esomeprazole magnesium better than omeprazole / lansoprazole?
Esomeprazole, omeprazole, or lansoprazole belongs to same category of drugs with similar action, but their effect may vary upon individual response. Always follow doctor's advice regarding its use
Q.Does esomeprazole cause weight loss or weight gain?
Weight loss or weight gain can be seen with use of esomeprazole
Q.Can I take esomeprazole with paracetamol (acetaminophen), ranitidine, or domperidone?
Yes. You can take esomeprazole with paracetamol (acetaminophen), ranitidine, or domperidone
Q.Can I take esomeprazole with gaviscon (aluminum hydroxide and magnesium carbonate) or other antacids?
Depending upon individual's response, there should be an interval of at least 2 hours between the two drug administrations
Q.Does esomeprazole cause tinnitus?
It is possible that esomeprazole may rarely cause tinnitus. Please consult your doctor if you experience such side effects
Q.Does esomeprazole contain lactose?
Esomeprazole contains lactose and sucrose.