Levosulpiride + Esomeprazole
Information about Levosulpiride + Esomeprazole
Levosulpiride + Esomeprazole Uses
Levosulpiride+Esomeprazole is used in the treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease (acid reflux) and Peptic ulcer disease.
How Levosulpiride + Esomeprazole works
Levosulpiride + Esomeprazole is a combination of two medicines: Levosulpiride and Esomeprazole. Levosulpiride is a prokinetic which works by increasing the release of acetylcholine (a chemical messenger). This increases the movement of stomach and intestines, and prevents reflux (acid going up to the food pipe). Esomeprazole is a proton pump inhibitor (PPI). It works by reducing the amount of acid in the stomach which helps in the relief of acid-related indigestion and ulcers.
Common side effects of Levosulpiride + Esomeprazole
Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhea, Constipation, Upset stomach, Stomach pain, Headache, Flatulence, Sleepiness
Available Medicine for Levosulpiride + Esomeprazole
Sompraz LSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Nexpro LTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Raciper PlusSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Esomac LCipla Ltd
Esoz LGlenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Ocid LZydus Cadila
Esogress-LLa Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd
Esofag-LMicro Labs Ltd
Esofine-LSMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Raciper-LEmcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Expert advice for Levosulpiride + Esomeprazole
- It is a well-tolerated medicine and provides relief for a long time.
- Take it one hour before the meal, preferably in the morning.
- Inform your doctor if you get watery diarrhea, fever, or stomach pain that does not go away.
- Do not consume alcohol while taking Levosulpiride + Esomeprazole as it can increase the risk of stomach damage.
- Long-term use may cause weak or broken bones. Take adequate intake of dietary calcium and vitamin D or their supplements. Do not take Levosulpiride + Esomeprazole for longer than prescribed.