Medicine Overview of Sofraderm Cream
Uses of Sofraderm Cream
Sofraderm Cream is used to treat bacterial infections of the skin, eyes, and ears, and is used to prevent the infection of burn wounds or after foreign body removal from the eyes.
Side effects of Sofraderm Cream
Ototoxicity, Burning sensation, Tingling sensation, Hearing loss, Irritation, Rash, Itching.
How to use Sofraderm Cream
This medicine is for external use only. Use it in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Clean and dry the affected area and apply the cream. Wash your hands after applying, unless hands are the affected area.
How Sofraderm Cream works
Sofraderm Cream is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by inhibiting synthesis of essential proteins, required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
In Depth Information on Sofraderm Cream
Expert advice for Sofraderm Cream
- Caution should be exercised in children and elderly patients.
- Eye drops may cause blurring of vision. Do not drive or use any machinery after application.
- Do not use the eye drops for more than 7 days without consulting your doctor.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- It should not take if patient is allergic to framycetin or any of its ingredients.
- Patients with an eye infection caused by a fungus or a virus or tuberculosis, or pus-forming eye infection should not use framycetin in the eye.
- Patients with glaucoma (increased pressure inside the eye that causes visual problems) should not use framycetin eye-drops.
- It should not take if patient with damaged (perforated) ear drum should not use framycetin ear drops.
Sofraderm Cream related warnings
Special precautions for Sofraderm Cream
No interaction found
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Sofraderm Cream may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Sofraderm Cream is probably safe to use during lactation. L+more
imited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Sofraderm Cream may cause blurring of your vision for a shor+more
t time just after its use. Do not drive until your vision is clear....
Sofraderm Cream is probably safe to use in patients with kid+more
ney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Sofraderm Cream may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
There is limited information available on the use of Sofrade+more
rm Cream in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor....
Frequently asked questions about Sofraderm Cream
Frequently asked questions about Framycetin Topical
Q. What is framycetin sulphate/Soframycin?
Framycetin belongs to a class of medicines called as aminoglycoside antibiotics. It acts by killing bacteria that cause infections. Soframycin is a brand name of framycetin.
User Submitted Feedback For Sofraderm Cream
How much was the improvement?
What are you using this medicine for?
Survey Participants: 1
“The following are the results of on-going survey on 1mg.com for Sofraderm Cream. These results only indicate the perceptions of the website users. Please base your medical decisions only on the advice of a doctor or a registered medical professional.”
Substitutes for Sofraderm
No substitutes found for this medicine