Medicine Overview of Sodium Lactate Infusion
Sodium Lactate 5% Infusion is used in short term fluid replacement after trauma.
Side Effect of Sodium Lactate is Injection site reactions (pain, swelling, redness).
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self-administer.
Sodium Lactate 5% Infusion works by replenishing salt and electrolyte levels in the body.
In Depth Information on Sodium Lactate Infusion
- Do not use sodium lactate for the treatment of lactic acidosis (characterized by low pH in body tissues and blood) or severe metabolic acidosis (condition when the body produces excessive quantities of acid or when the kidneys are not removing enough acid from the body) or for treatment of severe potassium deficiency.
- Seek immediate medical attention in case of fluid overloading resulting in electrolyte imbalances, overhydration, congested states, pulmonary edema or acid-base imbalance.
- Exercise caution in patients with alkalosis or at risk for alkalosis (an excessively alkaline condition of the body fluids or tissues, which may cause weakness or cramp), patients with severe kidney impairment, hypervolemia (fluid overload), overhydration, or conditions that may cause sodium retention, fluid overload, or edema.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if patient is allergic to sodium lactate or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if patients with hypervolemia, severe kidney insufficiency, uncompensated heart failure, hyperkalemia (high serum potassium concentration), hypercalcaemia ((high serum calcium concentration), metabolic alkalosis, ascitic cirrhosis (accumulation of fluid in the abdominal cavity).
- Do not take patients with conditions associated with increased lactate levels (hyperlactatemia) including lactic acidosis, or impaired lactate utilization, such as severe liver insufficiency and patients taking concomitant digitalis therapy.
Sodium Lactate Infusion related warnings
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Sodium Lactate 5% Infusion may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
No information is available on the use of Sodium Lactate 5% Infusion during lactation. Please consult your doctor.
It is not known whether Sodium Lactate 5% Infusion alters the ability to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react.
Sodium Lactate 5% Infusion should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Sodium Lactate 5% Infusion may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Use of Sodium Lactate 5% Infusion is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease.
Sodium Lactate 5% Infusion should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Sodium Lactate 5% Infusion may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Use of Sodium Lactate 5% Infusion is not recommended in patients with severe liver disease.
If you miss a dose of Sodium Lactate 5% Infusion, please consult your doctor.
Frequently asked questions about Sodium Lactate Infusion
Q. Is Sodium Lactate safe?
Sodium Lactate is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Sodium Lactate 5% Infusion: NPS, SHN, PPR, SGC, NNP, SAH, VTR, LHA, HIP, MTD, AAA, ENP, JHC, CLT, FRS, KHC, SIO, AYM, ASP, OLT, MDH, SMS, DHP, OHM, FIP, 9MM, BBN, GDA, HGI, KIS, KHD, GPT, QLF, RST, RRP, JVN, SAA, BHM, SWA, SOF, MKE, VSC, BDI, WPL, GGL, CMC, WSI, VHP, SGH, JSL, AGP, GNC, AAR, BNT, HTV, BRC, SLN, BHA, RDR, MLC, DFP, VRS, SNH, AAY, EQN, BNA, GMA, HLT, PHC, PMA, NXT, SSI, AVB, YAG, LIP, ZVP, RPP, IPL, AMR, BHP, ANP, NXG, MTM, NLP, BSN, MSD, PVP, APT, SNG, PTP, DHR, VOP, BSL, FRM, RDH, KMC, RSA, SVS, VNS, SLC, MKT, DVH, BLS, BAL, VJS, AGT, DPL, IMC, EMB, SBN, HSP, OWN, EEC, CPK, WHP, ADT, DYG, TSS, MFN, SBL, MAP, DYL, RGH, UHP, APS, KLC, BGS, ANT, PRL, NTL, OWP, MAM, BBS, VDH, HAT, HEX, IPP, RWP, SPF, BKB, BJP, NAS, 4IT, SPV, ZPR, LMS, DGN, AYN, PEN, BNC, HBV, NEW, GHR, RWL, HZF, CZT, SCP, GEO, CRN, EAN, WAD, QTM, USM, AFT, GPP, INC, ALC, KHP, AHP, ALY, BHS, WDE, MJT, HSM, TOM, OIP, PHN, PSE, RAC, SDE, BMJ, MDI, VVN, MKS, TAP, NWP, MOM, AVC, BTM, AVS, HTS, MIP, AMM, PLT, SHD, RHS, JBT, IAD, EVP, AVL, HPP, MBP, OMV, RHW, GLM, DAO, SWP, UPA, BLP, SHG, NLC, JJE, AXM, NFP, PNT, RVC, MPC, PTI, LCC, DLP, ANS, USF, GFL, UMP, HCP, JIV, UVD, ATL, KNH, BJR, KIM, WHL, HNP, SSS, MDN, MAX, MRS, KHH, SYN, GLD, OBS, KAL, DRA, VSL, AYU, SRG, STA, GTC, SAF, ARD, CTP, SPD, EPS, AMH, CMD, GBL, NDP, ESY, BLE, HPC, NVL, NLG, HWS, NSL, SHC, RPA, XMX, SVH, PRC, RHL, ABP, TNH, PRN, 1MH, NVY, THP, FGH, SJP, PNQ, SDM, NEO, LHP, RKS, PRT, NPH, SMN, MDO, PWN, DLY, BAP, PSF, RYL, NTB, SCH, ZEL, BIO, HMP, RTL, RPI, JVO, STS, ATP, TAT, SBA, DPP, DZY