food interaction for SECWIN FORTE
alcohol interaction for SECWIN FORTE
pregnancy interaction for SECWIN FORTE
lactation interaction for SECWIN FORTE
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for SECWIN FORTE
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for SECWIN FORTE
- SECNIL FORTE 1000 MG TABLET(2 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 54.75/tabletRs. 109.50pay 52% more per tablet
- SECZOL DS 1000MG TABLET(2 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 29.50/tabletRs. 59save 18% more per tablet
- SEC 1000MG TABLET(2 tablets in strip)Indica Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 20/tabletRs. 40save 45% more per tablet
- FLAGENTYL 1000 MG TABLET(2 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 16.34/tabletRs. 32.68save 55% more per tablet
- AMBIFORM 1000MG TABLET(2 tablets in strip)Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 16.30/tabletRs. 32.60save 55% more per tablet
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for SECWIN FORTE
- Secnidazole must be taken preferably just before food.
- Do not take alcohol during treatment with secnidazole as it may cause worsen the side effects.
- Inform you doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding as the drug shouldn’t be taken in first trimester and during breastfeeding.
- If you are suffering from trichomoniasis, your partner should also receive the same treatment concomitantly.
Frequently asked questions for SECWIN FORTE
Q.What does secnidazole treat/cure?
Secnidazole is used to treat intestinal amoebiasis (infection of the intestinal), hepatic amoebiasis (infection of the liver), urthritis (infection of the urethra) and vaginitis (infection of the vagina) caused by Trichomonas vaginalis and giardiasis (parasitic infections)
Q.How does secnidazole work?
Secnidazole is an antiinfective drug that belongs to a class of medicine called nitroimidazole. It works by inhibiting energy production of the disease/infection causing microorganism thereby killing them
Q.How long does secnidazole take to work?
It takes 3 hours for secnidazole to reach it's peak serum concentration. So, maximum time taken to work is around 3 hours
Q.Does secnidazole contain sulphur?
No, secnidazole does not contain sulphur.