Information about Secnidazole
Secnidazole is used in the treatment of bacterial & parasitic infections. It is used in infections of the brain, reproductive system, gastrointestinal tract, skin, vagina, and other areas of the body.
How Secnidazole works
Secnidazole is an antibiotic. It kills the bacteria and other microorganisms that cause infections by damaging their DNA.
Common side effects of Secnidazole
Headache, Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhea, Abdominal pain, Vaginal itching, Vaginal yeast infection
Available Medicine for Secnidazole
SecIndica Laboratories Pvt Ltd
SeczolIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Aam SDWinsome Laboratories Pvt Ltd
ProzactinKarnataka Antibiotics & Pharmaceuticals Ltd
S ZoleAigis Biotec
Seclong DSCadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd
TageraTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹31 to ₹362 variant(s)
Expert advice for Secnidazole
- Always take the complete course of treatment, as advised by your doctor, even if you feel better.
- It may cause side effects like nausea, stomach upset, and a metallic taste in the mouth.
- Secnidazole used in a high dose or for a prolonged time increases the risk of side effects such as nerve damage. Take it only as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not drink alcohol during or for 2-3 days after treatment with this medicine. You may develop nausea, vomiting, flushing and headache.
- Inform your doctor if you have liver disease. Your dose may need to be adjusted in severe liver disease.
- Secnidazole treats infections caused by bacteria and parasites.
- It may also be used to prevent infections following surgery.