food interaction for SEC
alcohol interaction for SEC
pregnancy interaction for SEC
lactation interaction for SEC
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for SEC
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for SEC
- SECNIL FORTE 1000 MG TABLET(2 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 54.75/tabletRs. 109.50pay 174% more per tablet
- SECZOL DS 1000MG TABLET(2 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 29.50/tabletRs. 59pay 48% more per tablet
- FLAGENTYL 1000 MG TABLET(2 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 16.34/tabletRs. 32.68save 18% more per tablet
- AMBIFORM 1000MG TABLET(2 tablets in strip)Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 16.30/tabletRs. 32.60save 18% more per tablet
- ENTOSEC 1000MG TABLET(2 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 16.67/tabletRs. 33.34save 17% more per tablet
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
Expert advice for SEC
- Secnidazole must be taken preferably just before food.
- Do not take alcohol during treatment with secnidazole as it may cause worsen the side effects.
- Inform you doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding as the drug shouldn’t be taken in first trimester and during breastfeeding.
- If you are suffering from trichomoniasis, your partner should also receive the same treatment concomitantly.
Frequently asked questions for SEC
Q.What does secnidazole treat/cure?
Secnidazole is used to treat intestinal amoebiasis (infection of the intestinal), hepatic amoebiasis (infection of the liver), urthritis (infection of the urethra) and vaginitis (infection of the vagina) caused by Trichomonas vaginalis and giardiasis (parasitic infections)
Q.How does secnidazole work?
Secnidazole is an antiinfective drug that belongs to a class of medicine called nitroimidazole. It works by inhibiting energy production of the disease/infection causing microorganism thereby killing them
Q.How long does secnidazole take to work?
It takes 3 hours for secnidazole to reach it's peak serum concentration. So, maximum time taken to work is around 3 hours
Q.Does secnidazole contain sulphur?
No, secnidazole does not contain sulphur.