Medicine Overview of Saslic Cream
Side effects of Saslic Cream
How to use Saslic Cream
This medicine is for external use only. Use it in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Clean and dry the affected area and apply the cream. Wash your hands after applying, unless hands are the affected area.
How Saslic Cream works
Salicylic acid belongs to a class of medication called keratolytics. It works on reducing swelling and redness and thus causing pimples to shrink. It also loosens and softens the dry, scaly skin thus causing it to peel off..
In Depth Information on Saslic Cream
Expert advice for Saslic Cream
- It should not be taken by patients who are allergic to salicylic acid or any of the ingredients of the acne cream, ointment, solution, gel, shampoo or medicated plaster.
- Do not apply salicylic acid to open wounds or irritated skin.
- Wash your hands with soap and water immediately after applying salicylic acid containing application.
- Do not apply on eyes, nose, genitals or rectum, and avoid touching these areas after applying medication to affected area and before washing your hands.
- Topical salicylic acid should not be used for genital warts, warts on the face, warts with hair growing from them, warts in the nose or mouth, moles, or birthmarks.
- Do not cover treated skin with a bandage or heating pad, which can increase the burning sensation. You should not cover the skin with clothing immediately after application.
- Do not apply this immediately after shaving or bathing.
- Avoid getting this medication on dentures or any other thing that comes in contact with sensitive parts of the body.
- Do not use salicylic acid on children or adolescents without the prescription of the doctor.
- Tell your doctor about any other medication you are taking, or if you have kidney problems or if you are pregnant or breast feeding or are diabetic or have blood circulation problems.
- The cream, ointment, solution, gel, shampoo, medicated plaster should be used for an indication only as instructed by doctor and not for any other indication.
Special precautions for Saslic DS Cream
No interaction found
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Saslic DS Cream may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Saslic DS Cream is probably safe to use during lactation. L+more
imited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Saslic DS Cream does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Saslic DS Cream is probably safe to use in patients with kid+more
ney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Saslic DS Cream may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
Saslic DS Cream is probably safe to use in patients with liv+more
er disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Saslic DS Cream may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
Frequently asked questions for Saslic 2% w/w Cream
Frequently asked questions for Salicylic Acid
Saslic is part of an acne cream/ointment/solution/gel/shampoo/medicated plaster. It is used for curing acne and its scars. It is also used for dandruff problems. It is not used for lightening the skin or exfoliating it. It is not used to cure genital warts
Saslic works best if used for an indication at the dose prescribed by the doctor
Q. Does it expire?
Salicylic acid does expire and should not be used beyond the expiry date
Saslic is used as part of an acne cream/ointment/solution/gel/shampoo/medicated plaster. It works on reducing swelling and redness and thus causing pimples to shrink. It also loosens and softens the dry, scaly skin thus causing it to peel off.
User Submitted Feedback For Saslic DS Cream
What were the side-effects while using this medicine?
How do you take this medicine?
How much was the improvement?
Please rate this medicine on price?
What are you using this medicine for?
Keratoses (Abnormal skin growth)
Survey Participants: 4
“The following are the results of on-going survey on 1mg.com for Saslic DS Cream. These results only indicate the perceptions of the website users. Please base your medical decisions only on the advice of a doctor or a registered medical professional.”
Substitutes for Saslic
No substitutes found for this medicine