Information about Salicylic Acid
Salicylic acid uses
Salicylic Acid is used in the treatment of acne.
How salicylic acid works
Salicylic Acid is a keratolytic medication. It treats pimples (acne) by penetrating into the skin and killing acne-causing bacteria. It additionally reduces oil production in the skin, replenishes acne-prone skin, and it also keeps your pores open.
Common side effects of salicylic acid
Skin irritation, Hypersensitivity, Dry skin, Skin redness
Available Medicine for Salicylic Acid
- ₹234 to ₹360Cipla Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹250Glowderma Labs Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹199Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹86 to ₹185Resilient Cosmecueticals Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹50 to ₹130Dermo Care Laboratories3 variant(s)
- ₹140 to ₹3999Nemus Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd7 variant(s)
- ₹110Dermo Care Laboratories1 variant(s)
- ₹240 to ₹300Canixa Life Sciences Pvt3 variant(s)
- ₹30Menarini India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹221Eclipser Pharmaceuticals1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Salicylic Acid
- Salicylic Acid helps in the treatment and prevention of acne.
- Avoid contact with eyes, nose, and genitals. In case of accidental contact, rinse thoroughly with water.
- It makes your skin sensitive towards sunlight. Use protective measures like as sunscreen or wear protective clothing.
- Inform your doctor if you notice unusual dryness, redness and peeling of the skin.
- Do not apply to open wounds or irritated skin.