Information about Salicylic Acid
Salicylic acid uses
How salicylic acid works
Salicylic acid belongs to a class of medication called keratolytics. It works on reducing swelling and redness and thus causing pimples to shrink. It also loosens and softens the dry, scaly skin thus causing it to peel off..
Common side effects of salicylic acid
Available Medicine for Salicylic Acid
- ₹234 to ₹298Cipla Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹72 to ₹169Resilient Cosmecueticals Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹50 to ₹117Dermo Care Laboratories3 variant(s)
- ₹126 to ₹181Nemus Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹43 to ₹113East West Pharma5 variant(s)
- ₹110Dermo Care Laboratories1 variant(s)
- ₹60Psycormedies1 variant(s)
- ₹750 to ₹1950UAS Pharma4 variant(s)
- ₹26 to ₹39Alive Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹58Unichem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Salicylic Acid
- It should not be taken by patients who are allergic to salicylic acid or any of the ingredients of the acne cream, ointment, solution, gel, shampoo or medicated plaster.
- Do not apply salicylic acid to open wounds or irritated skin.
- Wash your hands with soap and water immediately after applying salicylic acid containing application.
- Do not apply on eyes, nose, genitals or rectum, and avoid touching these areas after applying medication to affected area and before washing your hands.
- Topical salicylic acid should not be used for genital warts, warts on the face, warts with hair growing from them, warts in the nose or mouth, moles, or birthmarks.
- Do not cover treated skin with a bandage or heating pad, which can increase the burning sensation. You should not cover the skin with clothing immediately after application.
- Do not apply this immediately after shaving or bathing.
- Avoid getting this medication on dentures or any other thing that comes in contact with sensitive parts of the body.
- Do not use salicylic acid on children or adolescents without the prescription of the doctor.
- Tell your doctor about any other medication you are taking, or if you have kidney problems or if you are pregnant or breast feeding or are diabetic or have blood circulation problems.
- The cream, ointment, solution, gel, shampoo, medicated plaster should be used for an indication only as instructed by doctor and not for any other indication.
Frequently asked questions for Salicylic Acid
Q. Is Salicylic Acid good for acne/acne scars/ skin/hair/genital warts/ remove dark spots/exfoliate skin?
Salicylic Acid is part of an acne cream/ointment/solution/gel/shampoo/medicated plaster. It is used for curing acne and its scars. It is also used for dandruff problems. It is not used for lightening the skin or exfoliating it. It is not used to cure genital warts
Q. Does Salicylic Acid work?
Salicylic Acid works best if used for an indication at the dose prescribed by the doctor
Q. Does it expire?
Salicylic acid does expire and should not be used beyond the expiry date
Q. How does Salicylic Acid work?
Salicylic Acid is used as part of an acne cream/ointment/solution/gel/shampoo/medicated plaster. It works on reducing swelling and redness and thus causing pimples to shrink. It also loosens and softens the dry, scaly skin thus causing it to peel off.