food interaction for ROFICA
alcohol interaction for ROFICA
pregnancy interaction for ROFICA
lactation interaction for ROFICA
medicine interaction for ROFICA
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR ROFICA
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR ROFICA
- MCROFY 1% GEL(30 GM gel in tube)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 1.42/GM of gelRs. 42.70pay 9% more per GM of gel
- OZEX 1% GEL(30 GM gel in tube)Blue Cross Laboratories LtdRs. 1/GM of gelRs. 30save 23% more per GM of gel
- REOXX 1% GEL(30 GM gel in tube)Abbott India LtdRs. 1.33/GM of gelRs. 40pay 3% more per GM of gel
- ROFIBAX 1% GEL(30 GM gel in tube)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 1.33/GM of gelRs. 40pay 3% more per GM of gel
Expert advice FOR ROFICA
- Inform your doctor before taking the drug if you are allergic to aspirin or other NSAIDs.
- Stop taking rofecoxib and seek immediate medical attention if you develop: abdominal pain, tenderness, or discomfort; nausea; blood in your vomit; bloody, black, or tarry stools; unexplained weight gain; swelling or water retention; fatigue or lethargy; a skin rash; itching; yellowing of your skin or eyes; or unusual bruising or bleeding.
- Tell your doctor if you have asthma, stomach problems such as ulcers or bleeding, kidney disease, liver disease, angina (chest pain), heart attack, or a blocked artery in the heart, heart failure, high blood pressure.
Frequently asked questions FOR ROFICA
Q. Is rofecoxib a narcotic?
No, rofecoxib is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
Q. Is rofecoxib deadly?
Rofecoxib is relatively safe if used as prescribed. In case of any side-effects, please consult your doctor
Q. How does rofecoxib work?
Rofecoxib belongs to a group of medicines called COX-2 selective nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). It works by inhibiting certain chemical called prostaglandin which is responsible for pain and inflammation.