Information about Rofecoxib
Rofecoxib is used for pain relief.
How rofecoxib works
Rofecoxib is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) called COX-2 inhibitors. It works by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers that are responsible for pain and inflammation (redness and swelling).
Common side effects of rofecoxib
Flu-like symptoms, Indigestion, Stomach pain, Diarrhea, Peripheral edema, Flatulence
Available Medicine for Rofecoxib
- ₹13 to ₹45Alkem Laboratories Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹70 to ₹2992Zydus Cadila5 variant(s)
- ₹31RPG Life Sciences Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹6 to ₹17Biological E Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹15 to ₹29Veritaz Healthcare Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹22 to ₹39Micro Labs Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹25 to ₹65Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹27 to ₹67Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹44Abbott1 variant(s)
- ₹9 to ₹21Albert David Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Rofecoxib
- Rofecoxib helps relieve pain and inflammation.
- It may cause fewer stomach problems as compared to other NSAIDs like Ibuprofen or Naproxen.
- It may cause dizziness and fatigue. Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Do not consume alcohol while on treatment with this medicine as it may cause excessive drowsiness.
- Regularly monitor your blood pressure while taking this medicine, particularly in the first two weeks after starting treatment.
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of stomach ulcers, heart diseases, high blood pressure, and liver or kidney disease.
- During long-term treatment, your doctor may want to take regular blood tests to monitor your liver function.
- Do not take Rofecoxib if you are pregnant, planning to conceive, or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Rofecoxib
Q. Is Rofecoxib deadly?
Rofecoxib is relatively safe if used as prescribed. In case of any side-effects, please consult your doctor
Q. Is Rofecoxib a narcotic?
No, Rofecoxib is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
Q. How does Rofecoxib work?
Rofecoxib belongs to a group of medicines called COX-2 selective nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). It works by inhibiting certain chemical called prostaglandin which is responsible for pain and inflammation.