Information about Rofecoxib
Rofecoxib is used for pain relief.
How Rofecoxib works
Rofecoxib is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) called COX-2 inhibitors. It works by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers that are responsible for pain and inflammation (redness and swelling).
Common side effects of Rofecoxib
Flu-like symptoms, Indigestion, Stomach pain, Diarrhea, Peripheral edema, Flatulence
Available Medicine for Rofecoxib
₹70 to ₹29915 variant(s)
Rovoxx QMRPG Life Sciences Ltd
RofibaxSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹25 to ₹653 variant(s)
RofidinMankind Pharma Ltd
₹14 to ₹242 variant(s)
₹24 to ₹654 variant(s)
VegadolVeritaz Healthcare Ltd
₹15 to ₹282 variant(s)
SioxxSysmed Laboratories Pvt Ltd
McrofyDr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
₹27 to ₹665 variant(s)
₹41 to ₹652 variant(s)
Expert advice for Rofecoxib
- Rofecoxib helps relieve pain and inflammation.
- It may cause fewer stomach problems as compared to other NSAIDs like Ibuprofen or Naproxen.
- It may cause dizziness and fatigue. Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Do not consume alcohol while on treatment with this medicine as it may cause excessive drowsiness.
- Regularly monitor your blood pressure while taking this medicine, particularly in the first two weeks after starting treatment.
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of stomach ulcers, heart diseases, high blood pressure, and liver or kidney disease.
- During long-term treatment, your doctor may want to take regular blood tests to monitor your liver function.
- Do not take Rofecoxib if you are pregnant, planning to conceive, or breastfeeding.