Information about Rofecoxib
Rofecoxib is used in Osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, Ankylosing Spondylitis, gout, arthralgia, myalgia, Pain during menstruation and post operative pain.
How rofecoxib works
Rofecoxib is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) called COX-2 inhibitors. It works by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers that are responsible pain and inflammation (redness and swelling).
Common side effects of rofecoxib
Abdominal pain, Nausea, Vomiting, Headache, Gastritis, Edema, Constipation, Palpitations, Heartburn, Flatulence, Dizziness, Diarrhoea, Increased blood pressure, Dyspepsia
Available Medicine for Rofecoxib
- ₹70 to ₹2992Zydus Cadila5 variant(s)
- ₹12 to ₹45Alkem Laboratories Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹190Wockhardt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹31RPG Life Sciences Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹46Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹20 to ₹41Cachet Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹13 to ₹35Micro Labs Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹22 to ₹44Indoco Remedies Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹10 to ₹44Khandelwal Laboratories Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹65Sysmed Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Rofecoxib
- It can be taken with or without food.
- Rofecoxib may cause fewer stomach problems as compared with other NSAIDs like Ibuprofen or Naproxen.
- It can also affect kidneys or cause permanent kidney damage if taken for a long time.
- Rofecoxib can raise your risk of blood clots, heart attack, or a stroke.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Rofecoxib
Q. Is Rofecoxib deadly?
Rofecoxib is relatively safe if used as prescribed. In case of any side-effects, please consult your doctor
Q. Is Rofecoxib a narcotic?
No, Rofecoxib is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
Q. How does Rofecoxib work?
Rofecoxib belongs to a group of medicines called COX-2 selective nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). It works by inhibiting certain chemical called prostaglandin which is responsible for pain and inflammation.