Medicine Overview of Quin EC Tablet
Uses of Quin EC Tablet
Side effects of Quin EC Tablet
Abdominal pain, Mood changes, Vomiting, Dizziness, Muscle weakness, Loss of appetite, Hair loss, Itching, Hearing disorder, Blurred vision, Visual disturbance, Headache, Bloating, Altered heart rate, Photopsia (presence of perceived flashes of light), Eye disorder, Drowsiness, Ringing in ear, Rash.
How to use Quin EC Tablet
How Quin EC Tablet works
In Depth Information on Quin EC Tablet
Expert advice for Quin EC Tablet
- Take this medication with meals or milk to decrease the risk of stomach upset.
- This medication may cause blurred vision and may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful while driving doing anything that requires you to be alert and able to see clearly.
- Do not start or continue the chloroquine tablets, If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to chloroquine or any of the other ingredients of chloroquine tablet.
- Do not start or continue the chloroquine tablets, if you are pregnant or trying to become pregnant.
- Check the blood glucose levels during the treatment with chloroquine.
- Consult your doctor if you experience rash with eosinophilia and systemic symptoms (DRESS) syndrome after taking chloroquine.
- Do not use long-term high dosage therapy unless no other drug is available.
- Eye examination prior to and at 3–6 monthly intervals during use is required if patients are receiving chloroquine at continuous high doses for longer duration.
- Full blood counts should be carried out regularly. Caution is required if drugs which induce blood disorders are used concurrently.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Sometimes Quin EC 250mg Tablet causes blurred eyesight or makes it difficult to focus your eyes which may affect your ability to drive.
Regular monitoring of liver function tests may be advised while you are taking this medicine.